Hey guys -

First let me start of by saying that most of you here are great - the exchange of information and ideas here at abestweb is spectacular to say the least. My hat is off to you....

As I struggle to come up to speed, I need to ask a little advice. I got my first website up March 1st of this year. I am an affiliate selling career related goods and services. Amazingly to me, in March I made $204 in commisions, and in April I made $207. I'd say I made that off of 20 sales each month.

It may not seem like much, but to me, it's pretty cool when you realize that this stuff actually does work. Anyhow, this month I am a little worried - so far, no sales at all. I have merchants through CJ, and also a few independants, and it's like something has shut off all sales. Is it just one of those things that happens once in awhile in this business? Traffic is the same, so I'm not quite sure I understand. When something like this happens to you guys that have been doing this awhile, what are the first things that you check?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks alot,

Danski

ABW Ambassador
    I see you said you got about 20 sales in March and April, how did you do in May? The one thing about this business is that in can be a roller coaster sometimes. It'll drive you crazy if you try to analyze day to day instead of month to month. One day could be the slowest of the month and the next day could be the best of the month. Its hard sometimes when you have sales daily and then its very slow, but to get a more accurate picture of how things are going, its best to compare it month by month, at least for me. I would just hold on to see how the rest of the month goes and see where you are at then.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Danski,

Based on your profile, I think we can work together. Shoot me an email, IM me or PM me here and we can work something out. I can give you a lot of practical advice as well as nerve-soothers.

Regards,

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

Danski
    everything TrustNo1® said is true
    plus these are difficult times 'cos Google is not updating it's index once a month like it used to.. and hopefully like it will again soon

Hey guys -

Thanks for the input - yes I am remaining calm, and fully believe in statistics - statistically speaking, if I got 20 sales in April, and 20 sales in May (Trust, I meant April and May, my site only had a sale or two in March as it was brand new - my bad), odds are I'll get between 10 and 30 in June... I think I'll just stop checking sales, and just wait till the end of the month - think I can do it? I'll try!

It may have alot to do with google, my pages fall in and out daily, and it's possible the pages hitting my main selling keywords are simply not showing up as listed in google some of the time. That would explain the good traffic, but no sales thing.

I appreciate your input - so off to work on my next site, and just play the waiting game on my first...

Akiva - you've been PM'ed...

Danski

ABW Ambassador
    The situation with Google right now could be the problem. Googles index right now is basically a Feb or March index with some freshbot listings, thats why you did good in april and may and now its slow. I bet when Google updates this month, you'll be right back to getting sales again. Just a guess

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think I'll just stop checking sales, and just wait till the end of the month -<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Wrong approach IMO. Don't wait, just build a new site and double your sales after the next Google dance.

You could add a product from another merchant and test how much sales it will generate.

Rosalind Gardner earned $436,797 in 2002 by promoting only affiliate programs. She reveals ALL her secrets step by step in her Super Affiliate Handbook (267 pages) www.renio.biz/rosalind/

Yeah, I didn't mean "sit on my arse and not do anything". I am just beginning to think that continually checking sales is not the best use of ones time - especially with a new site, and an old index in google right now.

I'll just keep on building...

Danski

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread