How did you find your Partner?
    Hey,

Anyone here ever built a successful remote business team?

One of the businesses I'm involved in is looking to expand. We need one or two more team members to really let this baby loose!

We are looking for an Internet Marketer with some experience, but they don't have to be a veteran.

Anybody here in the same boat where they're looking for extra hands? Maybe you've got some ideas or experience you can share for how you've found the right people for your virtual teams?

If anyones been through this process (or is going through it), please share your experience.

Cheers,
    Charlotte

I usually prefer to work solo and hire people for any work that I can't do.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Same here.

I guess I have trust issues.

How did you find your Partner?
    This thread isn't what I thought it would be from the title. I was thinking personal relationship issues.

Everyone on my team is someone I knew for a long time before hiring them. I got to see their work ethic when they worked somewhere else and really admired them for it. I also met them at events, got to know them personally.
    I don't think I could ever hire someone I didn't know well first.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    This thread isn't what I thought it would be from the title. I was thinking personal relationship issues.
    I had the same reaction. I think it is because when it comes to my Internet business I work alone so the only partner I have is my husband. I was expecting to read stories about how people met their significant others.

Trust issues, definitely know what you mean!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Ellen and I solved the problem by hatching a diabolical scheme many years ago that we code named: "operation procreation"!! LOL

Now, after years of grooming, two of our sons pretty much run the day to day of our businesses. Our other employees and contractors are people we have worked with for as much as nine years, all are in the Denver area where we can meet regularly, and all have earned our trust and a stake in the businesses.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Ellen and I solved the problem by hatching a diabolical scheme many years ago that we code named: "operation procreation"!! LOL
    HaHa, I still got a few years to go before I can make that happen

I see what everyone means by trust issues, but anytime you outsource anything you must give a certain amount of trust, right? So, why not find one person who you can fully trust?

Best,
    Charlotte

HotorNot
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    Hmm I know I was hired through referral which is second best to knowing the person personally first before hiring them (Connie has been stupendously lucky in this area - she has some great people on her team!).

I also know a lot of teams who have done all their hiring through LinkedIn - that way they can see who knows that person, their credentials, references, etc.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

I think I will outsource to contractors before I hire someone. No long term commitment, no insurance/liability issues, no retirement planning issues, etc...

I live close to a great university so I was also thinking about hiring students part time or as unpaid interns.

Overall, I have similar trust issues with letting anyone else mess with "my baby" so for years I have just flown solo.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread