ABW Ambassador
    Does anybody know about reginal filters within google search results? I experienced very different search results onthe same search terms on .fr .de .com.co.uk and.au. The results depend on which starting point I tried the search. If yes this would be very stupid and against globalisation.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    Its been like this for a while now, but not just with using the URL's. It will also deliver "content" according to your location even if you use a different url.

you can always use a service such as megaproxy if you want to avoid the regional filters, but megaproxy is only useful for seeing the US version of google.

Saying that, I belive that Google is correct to do this, I mean, do most people using google.de want to know US or UK news, or even want Google in English?

----------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm a little confused here. Did you search on worldwide (default) results at Google.fr, .co.uk etc. or on the regional results ? Obviously, if you are searching for regional results from a regional search engine, you are going to get, um, regional SERPs. That's what it's there for.

If you were doing worldwide searches from the regional Googles and getting different results, that is down to which dataservers are delivering results to the regional databases. It's only minor fluctuations but generally the default search from regional Googles brings up the same results as Google.com.

You're just jealous because there isn't a single major search engine that targets America

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You're just jealous because there isn't a single major search engine that targets America <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That guess can't be right, Carneol's not from the US...

Although I would dispute the assertion that Google (.com) and Inktomi aren't targeting America anyway. There's hardly anything else in those results besides .com, .com, and more .com...mostly written in American-style English and aimed right at US viewers! Seems to be aimed right here to me...

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    A lot of Non-Americans own com sites, and yes I did international searches. I don't worry if there are reginal filters, but I want to know that. I found nothing in google on that issue, so I asked my question here. And no, I am not jealous as long as I am indexed in google and as long as I have the possibility to search what and wherever I want.

carneol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carneol:
    Does anybody know about reginal filters within google search results? I experienced very different search results onthe same search terms on .fr .de .com.co.uk and.au. The results depend on which starting point I tried the search. If yes this would be very stupid and against globalisation.

carneol<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>ThisBusiness Weekarticle has some notes about Google, size, competition etc. as well as some companion pieces on Web social interaction and new dating strategies.

ABW Ambassador
    Leader wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Although I would dispute the assertion that Google (.com) and Inktomi aren't targeting America anyway. There's hardly anything else in those results besides .com, .com, and more .com...mostly written in American-style English and aimed right at US viewers! Seems to be aimed right here to me... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is more a result of the fact that the USA is still very much ahead of the rest of the world in terms of ecommerce and web marketing combined with the fact that they are the largest English speaking market.

The point I was trying to make is that Google.com, Yahoo.com, MSN.com, etc are 'worldwide' search engines. Any search done on any of them will bring up results from all over the world - you can't filter it down to 'show me results from the USA only'.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

I know that is possible to filter traffic by country when you run AdWords campaign in Google. It is good thing because you may get more targeted traffic for less price.

How can you become a Super Affiliate? Answer: if you learn step by step from existing Super Affiliate.

ABW Ambassador
    I alos know that Australia has a big net of filters on the web. So does France and Switzerland but that is not the point. I am asking if there are filters on SEs.

carneol

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread