Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Anyone up for a 60-mile walk????
    Hey everyone,

Some may remember that Ms. Flamingo and I conquered the 60-mile walk in the Twin Cities to raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation to fight Breast Cancer. Together, we raised over $16,000 for this event.

Well this year, I’ll be doing it again under the team name “Affiliate Marketers Worldwide” in Seattle, on September 12-14. Unfortunately, due to a scheduling conflict, The Pink Bird will not be able to do the walk.

That being said, I’m looking for some additional feet (preferably attached to affiliate marketers) to join “Affiliate Marketers Worldwide” as we power (crawl) our way through the 60-miles. I’ve already recruited one person who has previously done the walk in Boston, 2 years ago.

If you are interested in finding out more about this amazing challenge for a wonderful cause, please visit www.60-milewalk.com . I assure you, it will be a time in your life, that you won’t soon forget.

As with last time, I will be blogging the entire way on AffiliatesAgainstCancer.com and there will be lots of funny videos and pictures. It is an incredible experience that I hope to share with other affiliate marketers.

If you have any questions in particular or if you are remotely interested and just need a little persuasion to put you over the edge, please feel free to PM me.

(Yes Billy… this is open to men, too!)

Please Join Me!

-Missy
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

I am so bummed I can't join you this year. School starts that week here.

Missy, I am soooo sorry that I cannot make it this year.

BUT

You have my word, in public, that I WILL make it to the next one!!
    Last edited by Kristin Kinsey; February 6th, 2008 at 09:36 PM.
    KK

Really people, it is not as hard as it sounds. Piece of cake.
    Kristin, you pregnant??

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Anyone up for a 60-mile walk?
    NO!

Come on people, spending 3 days with Missy isn't all that bad. I survived.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    NO!
    LOL Leader - my feelings exactly. SIXTY MILES?!!! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, I'll take the car, thanks. Or even fly, but WALK?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

If I could get my lazy butt walking anyone can. It isn't as hard as it sounds. I didn't get one blister and the beers really tasted good at the end of the day.
    Don't tell me that me and Missy are the only affiliate marketers able to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    If I could get my lazy butt walking anyone can. It isn't as hard as it sounds. I didn't get one blister and the beers really tasted good at the end of the day.
    Don't tell me that me and Missy are the only affiliate marketers able to do this?
    There'd have to be something WAY better than beer at the end of the day for me to even imagine walking 60 freaking MILES.

Connie, maybe you and Missy are the only AMs able to do this - I'd be dead after 10 miles.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

You would be suprised at what you could do Rexanne. If you had told me a year ago I would have done it I would have said you were nuts. (you are but I would have said it out loud)

You would be suprised at what you could do Rexanne. If you had told me a year ago I would have done it I would have said you were nuts. (you are but I would have said it out loud)
    LOL - I'd rather jump out of a plane. I'll get there a lot faster.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Come on Rexanne. There were women and men, undergoing breast cancer treatments walking along side of us. There were folks on crutches and wheelchairs, too.

Watching these incredible folks go every single mile with us, fighting for a cure is enough to make you walk 120 miles

I know you could do it Rexanne!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com

Outsourced Program Manager
    Missy,

Oh Yes! You know I love this stuff and for a very good cause as well. Your fun and gregarious demeanor will keep me alive through out the walk there is no doubt in that - it will be fun and I am so in on this with you! 100% YES!

Questions

1) So what will our uniform be? I see some ladies wear funny hats or matching T'Shirts?

2) Will there be ambulances there?

I'm in

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Well, it is in Seattle so how can I say no? I am in. My feet already are mad at me. I can also get us some extra team members if you want Missy. I know several people here who actually like "walking"...not industry folks but they would sign up. Let me know.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paulson Management Group
    Missy,

Oh Yes! You know I love this stuff and for a very good cause as well. Your fun and gregarious demeanor will keep me alive through out the walk there is no doubt in that - it will be fun and I am so in on this with you! 100% YES!

Questions

1) So what will our uniform be? I see some ladies wear funny hats or matching T'Shirts?

2) Will there be ambulances there?

I'm in
    Yay!!!! We're going to have a blast!

Yes, there will be ambulances there, though I doubt any of us will need one! We did matching T-shirts with our contributing Sponsor's logos on them, but I'm open to wearing just about anything to generate more donations!

I'm working on bringing in a British gal, from a un-named company (that just got bought by AOL) ;-) to really make this team "Affiliate Marketers Worldwide". I did have to tell her it was a 60-mile Pub Crawl though

Hopefully that girl (who I soooooooo know is reading this right now), will do it!

Any other takers! Call me, I'll give you the skinny on everything. Let's have some fun and do some good at the same time!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Djambazov
    Well, it is in Seattle so how can I say no? I am in. My feet already are mad at me. I can also get us some extra team members if you want Missy. I know several people here who actually like "walking"...not industry folks but they would sign up. Let me know.

Angel, you're an Angel! I'm open to having as many people as we can. It makes the walk much more fun!

Whoah! I am so stoked now!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Kristin, you pregnant??
    KK, did D hit a home run????
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    KK, did D hit a home run????
    It was probably a grand slam!

alright ladies, quit derailing missy's thread .. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=791706
    KK

Outsourced Program Manager
    Angel Perrrrrr....fect - This is going to be fun! I will see if Ian Larsen will want to jump in on this also Wade Tonkin from GtOManagement might be interested they are both here in Seattle area- I'll go ping them now...

CPA Network Rep Dina - MarketLeverage Blogger's Avatar
    Missy,

I would love to do this, it couldn't be any further away unless it was in Alaska! I will have to do some thinking on it.

I am curious if after the three days last year, if you girls had lost any weight!?

How long are you walking each day?

~Debby

Affiliate Manager affiliatemanager's Avatar
    Red face I'm 99% IN!
    Hi Missy,

Given that my mom was recently diagnosed stage 3 breast cancer and is now in her 3rd year of remission, I would LOVE to join you for the walk.

After personally witnessing and taking care of my mom undergo chemotherapy at 47 years old, I can defintely walk 60 miles in HER HONOR. If she can beat cancer, I can walk 60 miles!

I just need to make sure its not the weekend of Commission Junctions CJU since its usually right around that time.

I'll contact you personally about the details.

Thank you to YOU and Connie and anyone else who supports breast cancer either in this event, or any local event.

With Appreciation,
    Melissa Salas
    Buy.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarketLeverageBlogger
    Missy,

I would love to do this, it couldn't be any further away unless it was in Alaska! I will have to do some thinking on it.

I am curious if after the three days last year, if you girls had lost any weight!?

How long are you walking each day?

~Debby

We actually gained about 1-2 pounds -- it's water retention and muscle weight. I carried it all in my swollen feet The good news is that the weight came off the day after I landed back in Orlando.

The walk averages 20 miles per day. One day it might be 21, where the next day is 19. It took Connie and I, 9 hours per day on average with meal stops, rest stops, potty-breaks -- and a pub stop

Definitely think about it and if you have any questions, feel free to give me a buzz. We'd love to have you.

Note to anyone reading this post: Please don't let the image of my swollen feet dissuade you from joining the team. I promise to keep those puppies at bay.
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Quote Originally Posted by affiliatemanager
    Hi Missy,

Given that my mom was recently diagnosed stage 3 breast cancer and is now in her 3rd year of remission, I would LOVE to join you for the walk.

After personally witnessing and taking care of my mom undergo chemotherapy at 47 years old, I can defintely walk 60 miles in HER HONOR. If she can beat cancer, I can walk 60 miles!

I just need to make sure its not the weekend of Commission Junctions CJU since its usually right around that time.

I'll contact you personally about the details.

Thank you to YOU and Connie and anyone else who supports breast cancer either in this event, or any local event.

With Appreciation,
    Melissa Salas
    Buy.com
    Melissa, I'd love to have you walk with us. Your sentiments represent exactly how I feel. I walk to honor friends and family members that didn't make it and for those that are survivors. I'd be honored to walk in your Mother's name as well!

A couple of folks have actually emailed me about checking out when CJU is before they committed. It looks like we may have a good-sized team if their event is not at the same time.

I'll cross my fingers

-Missy
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

i really want to walk with you guys. however, i just heard that CJU is slated for just two days after the walk (sept. 16-18). i also need to check on our deadlines for the magazine. still, i'm hoping i can juggle the travel dates and join in this amazing cause. i'll keep you posted. missy, you a gem for always rallying the troops to participate and support wonderful causes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast