I sent email to Climatique telling them I had signed up but now have second thoughts about promoting them for the following reasons;

1. A toll free phone number on their website.

2. Their mailing address on their website so orders can be mailed.

My complaint was that I wouldn't get a commission from orders that go through these channels.

Their responce:

"The number of toll free orders and mail orders are minuscule compared to the web volume we generate. Yes, we do make money - and yes, you don't earn from it - but try to find another product in our category that has a payout anywhere near ours.

Of course, if you like, we can provide you with your own designated 800 number to direct your web visitors to order Climatique. As telemarketing costs are expensive, our payout on these call will only be 20%. There is also a $50 set up fee for the number and a $25 a month line charge (the real costs that we pay the phone company). We can also give you your own PO box at a charge of $15 a month. But maybe you'd just like to try our links and see how much money you make - we bet you'll be more than sufficiently satisfied."

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] Yeah, right. Like that will ever happen.

Ray

Just blowing off a little steam.

Finally figured out why people spend $2.00 apiece on those
    little bottles of Evian water. Just spell it backwards for the answer.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Well they sure have gall. I'll say that for them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

I think their offer is reasonable.

ah never mind!

Personally, I do not see why anyone has a problem with any company having a toll-free number or mailing address to order.... unless that was the only option!

And, as Heyder said.

I also think its OK to have an 800 number on the site, as long as it's not on the top of every page blinking "Call NOW!" or something similar.

People are going to order online by preference (at least its mine), and the 800 number is more of a reassurance that the company exists and can actually afford an 800 number...

I think the majority of people who call would not order online anyway... I could be wrong, but thats how I feel about it... I'd still try a company out and see if the ROI is high enough to be worth the trouble.

Now, their arrogant attitude, that's another issue which WOULD cause me to think twice...

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

ABW Ambassador
    LOL...they are probably right, but the attitude could use a little adjustment [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Plenty of companies use toll-free on their sites, and its difficult to expect them to drop it....Personally, I wish companies would use a discount program to discourage the use of a toll-free...for instance 'Order Now from our website and get free shipping or save 10% on your order'.

BTW, if you take the toll free route, we can do it for a little cheaper than what their asking [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

No people its not OK for them to have a toll free phone number on their or any other merchants page. If I send a visitor to a website I SHOULD be credited with every sale made during the cookie duration. Whats next, its OK for parasites to steal from us as long as they don't steal too much, come on...

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, but I have to err on the side of the good customer support, and you cannot have good customer support without a phone number.

I wish more companies would take the tact of finishing phone sales, with the commission attached, but I am not going to get into a lather because the site contains a customer service number.

You know, there are other things I don't like. I don't like merchants that want to put customers on email lists. Overstock is horrible for this. It dramatically decreases the chance of repeat sales.

I dislike companies that send catalogs to the customers I send them. I would rather these people came through my site again and again and again.

But guess what? I am in the extremely low end low margin business of affiliate advertising.

Personally, I would hestitate buying from a company that did not list a 1-800 number and did not provide detailed info on who owns the company and where they are. There is no way I could stop a company from taking an email address, or mailing address of a customer.

Protophoto - Short Stories

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread