Hate to do this, but I need the funds for another project
    I am opening up an opportunity for someone to get a great generic domain. This is a 6 letter pronouncable dot com. I had intended on using it for a company name (available), but now due to other projects, it has to go. It has a technology oriented ring to it.

Its structure is CCVCVC.

The top results that match the domain exactly are usernames for myspace, and other social networking sites. Additionally, some are from foreign sites also.

1330 Google results
    720 Yahoo results
    287 MS results

Not trying to be too secretive, but I do want to protect the name if you indeed don't want it to show up in results here at ABW. So, I will ask that you PM me for it. Please don't post it anywhere, as I don't want to dilute its potential value.

I will then gauge interest and put it up for auction on ebay with invited ABW members as the only pre-approved bidders to have a chance at it.

Yeah, it is not all about the money. I appreciate what everyone does here, and since eBay allows you to list auctions on an "invite-only" basis, then consider it my way of saying thanks to the ABW community. Call me crazy, but I believe I do owe you guys here something for putting up with me. lol.

FYI, the auction will start at $100. I believe it is worth more than the reg. fee, so don't even start with that. If you don't have $100 to spend, please don't ask me what the domain is. I want interested individuals only.

Thanks.

-sfcom

PS: If I see that you are not an active ABW poster, I will not be PM'ing you the domain name. I don't want people coming out of a 2 year hiatus to inquire about this.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    For people who can't PM you can't you post it as a tinyurl? That way it won't shop up in google.

Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    For people who can't PM you can't you post it as a tinyurl? That way it won't shop up in google.
    I understand your concern, but I would rather not. I guess therein lies the reason to become more active. I just see too much potential for abuse there. (not you in particular).

-sfcom

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I guess.

But I only post if I have something meaningful to say. With the exception of this post and a few others.

Any further interest in this?

-sfcom

Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    PS: If I see that you are not an active ABW poster, I will not be PM'ing you the domain name. I don't want people coming out of a 2 year hiatus to inquire about this.
    Guess I'm out of the question then...
    [URL=http://www.hesk.com]Help desk software[/URL]

I'm curious what it is, but I probably am not interested in buying it unless it has something to do with my existing sites/business.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread