Arrow How do I add citibank credit cards to my site??
    Hi,

I have a newish site that is basically a credit card affiliate site and nothin' but - I list every card available, categorize them, etc.

I signed up with cardoffers, NCSreporting, and acclaimnetwork, and although all 3 gave me the usual issuers (Discover, Chase, Amex, etc.) in both consumer and business cards, I was never given Citibank.

Since my site is a comparison type service that promotes having 'all cards' ... I'd love to have Citibank cards added.

One of my affiliates said they wouldn't approve my site unless I was getting 5K uniques a month. I'm currently at about 2K uniques per month.

Anyone know where/how I can add citibank offerings to my site? I have no problem joining another affiliate, I'm a php/mysql ninja and could easily integrate another affiliate's feed.

Thanks!

Citi can be a bit fussy. First they are touchy about their brand, your site needs to look good. Secondly, from my experience they never take into account uniques, because they can't verify. Third, usually they only pick up affiliates suggested to them by their AM.

Some sites, just display the card info without a working link.

I don't remember which network Citi US was on, I don't think it was CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    I believe they are at Commission Junction.
    http://www.citifinancial.com/affilia...ateprogram.php
    Do you mean that CJ approves citi automatically? The other three affiliates all have citi, however they don't auto-approve like with the other issuers.

Quote Originally Posted by derfsun
    Citi can be a bit fussy. First they are touchy about their brand, your site needs to look good. Secondly, from my experience they never take into account uniques, because they can't verify. Third, usually they only pick up affiliates suggested to them by their AM.

Some sites, just display the card info without a working link.

I don't remember which network Citi US was on, I don't think it was CJ.
    Thanks for the info. Couldn't they use alexa for traffic info?

I see random other smallfry sites that seem to have affiliate links for citi cards, and am wondering how they do so. Could a smaller site team up with a larger site (ie. credit.com) to become a subaffiliate? Would this be against the primary affiliate's TOS?

Thanks

That reminds me, I've always wondered...

How do 'major sites' such as credit.com or creditcards.com work? Do they go through an affiliate site or do they have direct agreements w/the issuers?

Regarding Alexa, Citi doesn't really care about visit stats (from my experience) they care about approved accounts. They might use visits as a way of weeding out unwanted/low quality affiliates. If I was you I would try other English speaking markets (Australia, UK, South Africa) which have less rigid affiliate programs. Citi Australia used to be with ClixGalore, Viva9 and DGM. These programs are easier to get into.

I hope this info helps.

You can also try sunspotweb's credit card affiliate program.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    I believe they are at Commission Junction.
    http://www.citifinancial.com/affilia...ateprogram.php
    Citifinancial is not Citibank Corp that distributes charge cards. CitiF is a mortgage company, isn't it? that is what it said on cj.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread