.ww files in 3-tier website (Frank's tutorial)
    In Frank's tutorial, I am confused with what to do with the .ww files contained in the zip download. I am stuck at trying to create a 3-tier website. I am looking at the table in "Creating a THREE-Tier Website using Webmerge" but need more explanation of the .ww files there, what am I supposed to do with them?

I am trying to follow through step-by-step but don't understand the part in the screenshots where on the generation page I select one of those .ww files.

I am confused as to how I would do this on my own without a provided .ww file?

Thanks! Sweet Iowa

Missing Step?
    The procreate tutorial mentions saving the setting file for each setting (File>Save As...), which is not mentioned in Frank's tutorial. Is this the missing step in Frank's tutorial?

I have tried different things... I did manage to generate an index page with category links, but each link only goes to one product, there are no other products???

-Sweet Iowa

generating webmerge files
    Taking another look at this process of setting up a 3-tier website, do I have this correct:

Enter settings of file ONE and do not generate, but go to "File" and save as example1.4ww

Enter settings of file TWO and do not generate, but go to "File" and save as example2.4ww

Open SETTING ONE file back up (this would be file example1.4ww; go to "File>Open" to find it) and then go to the generation page, select "run other webmerge files after this one completes" and select the file example2.4ww (this is the file TWO that was saved).

...and I AM STUCK

I would assume I then click the generate button, but it is prompting me to save this current file - do I? I'm getting an error that says "can't open detail template..."????

-Sweet Iowa

SUCCESS AND FAILURE

I finally had success when I created file 2 FIRST and saved it, and THEN I created file ONE.

*(In file ONE the only box I checked under the Generation tab was the “Don’t show results dialog after building pages” and then I SAVED that file.

THEN, under the Generation tab in the still open file ONE, I checked the “Run other webMerge files after this one completes” and clicked “Build Pages” and chose “Save” when prompted.

NEW PROBLEM, and I posted this at the appropriate thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=62527

I cannot get my subcat page to link back to my category page.

Any help would be most appreciative at this point! -Sweet Iowa

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread