Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I was wondering if any non US/UK resident here has opened a US/UK bank account for the sole purpose of receiving affiliate payments via direct deposit. If so with who did you open the account with and what steps were taken.

I have received my commish thru Direct Deposit for more than a year now. I've opened an account with Chase in the U.S.

I've just started the process to open an account with Chase.

It seems pretty straightforward.

Wly - did you have any problems opening the account with Chase?

Hi MJCB,

One problem I encountered was the delay of my PIN number. You have to request a form from them after you received your ATM card. They don't send out PIN for security reasons. Other than that, no major problems.

Thanks Wly.

I'm looking forward to getting the account sorted and ending all the problems with checks - it's going to save me hundreds in bank fees alone.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    wly,

What is the minimum balance required for Non-US account holders to mantain?

Thanks,
    AB

---
    "The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood."~ The Tathagata

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wly:
    Hi MJCB,

One problem I encountered was the delay of my PIN number. You have to request a form from them after you received your ATM card. They don't send out PIN for security reasons. Other than that, no major problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have your PIN now?
    Do you get charged a fee when you use your ATM card in your own country?
    Is it easy enough to trransfer funds via the internet?

Also found this site: Chase Bank Sucks

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

AB,

Minumum I think is $3000. Don't know if they have changed. Your initial deposit does not need to be $3000.

Andy,
    1) I have my PIN number now.
    2) You get charged $3 per transaction, and you are converted at a lower exchange rate.
    3)Unfortunately, Internet banking is not available for non-U.S. residents.

I have also came across that site and was pretty worried when I filed my application because of the numerous complaints. But so far so good and I'm pretty satisfied with Chase.

You can use internet banking as a non-us resident ... I use it anyway, but don't k now if I'm supposed to.

Find out how much top affiliates are making at http://www.profitpuppy.com/top-affiliates.htm

How about income tax?. Do you have to pay income taxt to US government?

cowcool, I think theoritically you have to pay tax on a US source of income .So having a US bank account only increases your Tax liability ... but if your country has double taxation treaty with US you can avoid US tax by showing that you paid tax in your home country

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What is the minimum balance required for Non-US account holders to mantain?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My reading of their site is that you need a minimum of $3000 to avoid account charges. But you can have less than $3000 in there, just you'll get charged something like $10 a month for the account.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How about income tax?. Do you have to pay income tax to US government?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As part of the account application you have to fill out an IRS form which clarifies this. As Gopi says, it's quite likely your country has a tax treaty with the USA so you don't have to pay tax twice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by profitpuppy:
    You can use internet banking as a non-us resident ... I use it anyway, but don't k now if I'm supposed to.

Find out how much top affiliates are making at http://www.profitpuppy.com/top-affil...></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi, if i may ask, what is your bank?
    good thing i found this thread.

Chase allow you to open bank accounts. It's easier if you are in the US when you open it, but you can open it from home, you just need the US consulate to sign a photocopy of your passport.

Find out how much top affiliates are making at http://www.profitpuppy.com/top-affiliates.htm

Animal Lover
    Thanks for the tip Profit puppy - I was wondering how I was going to open an account in the US when I'm way down here in Oz...I can't believe how much the banks here charge to bank a US cheque (A$20 per cheque!) and it takes 6-8 weeks to process! Talk about neanderthal!

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Oscar,

I know, it is a pain. A couple of tips,

ANZ & Commonweath = $10 each, 6 weeks in limbo. Commonwealth also have US$ accounts so you can gamble a bit on exchange rates.

I'm with Westpac and made friends with the manager. They now cash on the spot, upto US$2000, for $10 per check on the understanding that I am responsible for the funds if it bounces.

Ask around, particularly try the Credit Unions, and you might get some good deals.

Woz

dWoz - serious webmaster resources.

thanks profitpuppy!
    ill contact chase and see if i can make good use of their service.

btw. anyone tried moneybookers.com? i am in the process of applying for an account but have 2nd thoughts for reasons of security. am still making some research thou.

thanks.

prix

Maybe somebody knows another bank besides Chase that allows open a checking account for non-US residents in the USA?

How can you become a Super Affiliate?
    Answer: if you learn step by step from existing Super Affiliate.

Animal Lover
    Thanks for the tip Woz - looks like I have to buddy up with the bank manager. Another question : if the cheques get mailed to a US address (CJ won't let you join unless you have one - I've since found out!, do you have someone there banking it for you or can you just get it mailed to the bank straight and hope that the person on that end is honest enough to bank them? I guess the alternative is to get one of your trusted US friends to re-direct the cheques back to your home country and you bank it there.

[CJ won't let you join unless you have one - I've since found out!]
    Hi Oscar
    What's this..is this something new?
    I've been with CJ for far longer than I can remember and my cheques have always been sent direct to Oz.
    You'd better check on that again Oscar.

I've been using the Westpac, $10 per cheque, if I go in with a handful, it goes down to $6.00.

Anything over US$2k goes into an investment account for 45 days, nice way of saving

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

If you are in Australia, you can get lower bank fees. I know someone who negotiated with NAB for one $10 fee for all cheques. (Even if you deposit 100 cheques at the same time). I recently negotiated this with them as well, but I've got a business banking manager so this helps. I also started a US dollar account in Australia so I get better exchange rates when transferring the money back to australian dollars ... wait until there is a large amount of US dollars and then transfer, but this only works if you are earning significant income.

By the way, it's a pity the australian dollar has gone up and the us dollar down ... I wanted the aussie dollar to stay down!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by profitpuppy:
    By the way, it's a pity the australian dollar has gone up and the us dollar down ... I wanted the aussie dollar to stay down!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN Brother!

I deposited yesterday & got $0.66900

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    &gt;a pity the australian dollar has gone up and the us dollar down

I know, it was good there for a while but I have given up watching the rates now. However, all is not lost. My Mother finally understands a little of what I am doing and has now taken to watching the rates and calling me every now and then with the bad news - I can't win.

&gt;Handful ~ it goes down to $6.00.
    &gt; Anything over US$2k goes into an investment account

Both good ideas, Thanks.

Woz

Animal Lover
    It's true - I tried to sign up with CJ the day before and got a message back saying thank you but they need a US based address to mail cheques out to - even though I clicked on the direct deposit icon...their list also has these asterisked items that HAVE TO BE filled in eg your SSnumber - which is why I asked the question about it. I must speak with the bank manager about cashing in US cheques - the tellers that I've spoken to have all told me that it's a flat $20 PER CHEQUE charge...yes I'm lamenting the fall of the US$ too - it does make holidaying outside Oz cheaper though .

Oscar

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wly:
    AB,

Minumum I think is $3000. Don't know if they have changed. Your initial deposit does not need to be $3000.

Andy,
    1) I have my PIN number now.
    2) You get charged $3 per transaction, and you are converted at a lower exchange rate.
    3)Unfortunately, Internet banking is not available for non-U.S. residents.

I have also came across that site and was pretty worried when I filed my application because of the numerous complaints. But so far so good and I'm pretty satisfied with Chase.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep $3000 to maintain the account and if you fall below the maintenance balance charge is
    $9.50..

wly do they really enforce this?
    have you been charged for not meeting the maintenance balance?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast