Diet-to-Go 150% Reversal Rate
    Anyone else promoting DietToGo.com and receiving massive reversals?

Their EPC is now at -$59.84. Yes, that is a negative and you will soon have to pay Diet to Go for promoting their products.

Login to your Shareasale account and check it out at http://www.shareasale.com/a-viewmerc...erchantID=8768

Diet to go has reversed 19 sales in my account in the last 2 days alone. Then, I get some lame excuse like "VOIDED Repeat Order Sale".

The strange thing about these reversals is that I've been promoting Diet To Go for almost a year. Now all of the sudden transactions are voided out of my account. They did a few reversals last month but nothing compared to this month.

If you are having the same problem, I'd love to hear your comments.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Wow John,

Hopefully you call them and it turns out to be a hiccup in the system. I suspect that if you have been promoting them for a year without this kind / depth of problem that it may be something you can get corrected with a call.

Good luck!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Wow, $75 a sale! I suspect that they have a problem with signups that then cancel after a month, leaving them perhaps in the red? So, possibly, they are reversing all sales that cancel after a short period. What is the monthly cost of this program?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I was looking around the site and I couldn't find anywhere to get back to the shopping cart after putting something in it. Only way to get back there was to put something more in my cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Wow, $75 a sale! I suspect that they have a problem with signups that then cancel after a month, leaving them perhaps in the red? So, possibly, they are reversing all sales that cancel after a short period. What is the monthly cost of this program?
    It runs roughly $460 - $625 per month. However, the affiliate agreement does not say a thing about reversing commissions if the customers don't stick around.

Affiliates are paid for providing the initial lead. If Diet to Go is having problems on the backend, then that is where they need to focus their attention. Not take it out on the affiliates.

John

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Doetsch
    It runs roughly $460 - $625 per month. However, the affiliate agreement does not say a thing about reversing commissions if the customers don't stick around.

Affiliates are paid for providing the initial lead. If Diet to Go is having problems on the backend, then that is where they need to focus their attention. Not take it out on the affiliates.

John
    But of that $460-$625, perhaps only $50 is profit. So if customers cancel after a month, they are out money. I am not trying to justify what they are doing, just trying to figure out where they are coming from. Reversals like this are wrong since you might spend a lot of money yourself for each of those $75 leads. If the $75 is too high, then they need to modify their commission to an amount that does not result in a loss in the event customers cancel after a month (if that is what is happening). And then stick to their agreement!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    John,

Definitely sounds like something you need to talk with them about. I hope you get it worked out to a fair resolve. Good information to share with affiliates and I'm sure many will be interested in hearing the scoop. Good luck!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    John sorry to hear of this. Please let us know how it turns out for you.

15 years and counting
    John Doetsch - Diet to go has reversed 19 sales in my account in the last 2 days alone. Then, I get some lame excuse like "VOIDED Repeat Order Sale".
    Maybe the merchant got your cookie on their PC and their own sales are now tagged as yours. I had that problem several times. Usually they ends up reversing (all) sales.
    The negative 7 day EPC is due to their (massive) reversals, 30 day still looks OK but it seems they are not selling anything anymore. Look at the average sale 7 Day $0.00 30 $0.00
    The trend graph show no sale starting 12/23/07 Not good.
    At the same time, last sale by an affiliate: today
    Last Commissionable Transaction through Affiliate: 02/10/2008 11:33.14 AM
    Something wrong somewhere.
    Was 19 sales your average for the last few months?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by John Doetsch
    Anyone else promoting DietToGo.com and receiving massive reversals?

If you are having the same problem, I'd love to hear your comments.
    I joined their program a couple of month ago. Haven't made a single sale yet.
    Didn't notice their EPC went down to -$59.84. It don't look good at all. I'd definitely like to know what's going on here.

15 years and counting
    I noticed something. All the lead programs at SaS have an Average Sale of $0 and a flat sale trend graph. Seems normal as we are paid by lead not sale.
    Regarding Diet-To-Go the Commission Structure is: $75 Per Sale. It's not a lead program, the Average Sale should not be $0, even with the reversals. Diet-To-Go had several sales yesterday.
    I wonder if Diet-To-Go is not set as a lead program. So, in that case, affiliates should be paid whatever the sale amount.
    Diet-To-Go is listed in Pay-Per-Sale and Pay-Per-Lead at SaS

"Earn $75 for every PERSON you refer to our delicious meal plan who becomes a Customer."

To me that reads more like a new customer referral bounty than a lead program. Is it possible their cart is tracking every sale, not just the one sale that makes the visitor a customer? Perhaps it's even tracking existing customers renewing their plans...?
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Eathan
    "Is it possible their cart is tracking every sale, not just the one sale that makes the visitor a customer? Perhaps it's even tracking existing customers renewing their plans...?"

If that's the case, then Diet-to-go needs to fix their cart.

But, it still makes me wonder why there were very few reversals for seven months last year.

I am promoting them for a year and I have only one reversal.
    They are not so bad, but the big problem for me is that they go offline regularly for 2-3 days. So if you promote this program watch them very carefully.

Hey Everyone,
    I'm embarrassed that we are just coming to the conversation now. I'm so sorry we weren't able to deal with this back in '08.

I can't speak to what was happening in the past, but we have a new website now, new tracking and a different policy concerning reversals.

Here is our policy on reversals with SAS and CJ:

1. We do an audit that includes a phone call and follow up to make sure it is not a fraud order. (DTG experienced 50%+ fraud rates back in 2007 so they are pretty freaked out about it).

2. If it is a legitimate order, they check to see if it is a pre-existing customer. Our affiliate program only pays on NEW customers.

3. The amount of the sale doesn't matter, and since we deliver weekly, the customer only has to purchase a single week of meals for an affiliate to get paid.

Please let me know if you have any questions. We have completely re-vamped the program, and the "other" affiliate manager is gone, so we hope to start fresh from here and take very good care of our partners.

It looks like your reversal rates are still pretty high (likely due to the reasons you explained).

Affiliates generally have poor opinions of programs that only pay on new customers (especially if that's not clearly disclosed, which may or may not be the case with you). If you search around here, you'll find several threads about that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hey Michael,
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, our reversal rate is at around 25% right now on SAS. My goal when taking it over last month was to get this down to around 5%.

I hate that some affiliates may feel cheated.

I forgot to mention another part of our audit process that has a pretty big effect on this... DTG also checks the original source of the lead. If they can track it to a tv ad, or some other kind of offline source, they will reverse the order.

I know this is a terrible policy for affiliates, and I'm doing everything I can to get it changed for obvious reasons. It makes me nuts that we have a bad reputation on forums like this for high reversal rates.

So.... diettogo tries to find a reason to reverse commissions by asking the customer if they have seen their ad on TV or another offline media source?

....nice

I don't like it any more than you do. Honest...

the DTG program has had a rough go of it in the last few years because mis-management. It has made the execs think that they will lose money if they don't audit like this. The heart behind it isn't to penalize affiliates, but to protect from spending too much money. It doesn't help that the last manager ran up the commissions so high that it leaves little room for error on DTG's part. The margin is extremely tight.

I'm trying to get them to understand that taking care of our partners will improve the entire program and make more money in the long run. I'm fighting an up hill battle, but I'm confident that we will be able to change the policy shortly.

I'm very sorry for any of the affiliates that have gone through this in the last few years. Please PM me if you have had problems and I will do everything I can to make it up to you.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread