Me and a walleye!
    Just found this old picture when I was looking for a picture of a concrete patio we built last summer, and I thought I'd share it with you guys. Give you a chance to put a face to a name, so to speak....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful fish!

Where did you catch it, and how exactly (if you remember what lure, depth, time of the day)?

Thanks.

Geno

In the upper lip...
    Geno-

I caught it near Red Wing, MN on the Mississippi river in early April of 2006. I forget the exact date. If I recall correctly, it was around 6:45 am- we started fishing around 6 and I know she was caught within the first hour. I got her on a jig & minnow (firetiger pattern jib, 3/8 oz) fishing a current break in about 14 feet of water. The top of the break was 14 feet, the bottom (only about 15 feet away) was 33 feet deep. The walleyes in the river will lay just at the top of the break and wait for easy dinner to come rolling off. The weight was 6#-14 oz, I don't recall the length/girth, but I'd guess the length to be around 25". Funny thing is, I forgot my net that morning! I had 2 other guys in the boat with me, and neither one would reach over and grab her, so I had to do it myself!
    One more note- although the picture was obviously taken on land, immediately after the photo, she was released back to the river and swam right away!

Greg

Gotcha. Thanks, Greg, and welcome to ABW!

Geno

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread