Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    CSN Product Links Going to Error Pages
    First some, now all, product links for CSN products are going to error pages. I see this error for what ever link I try clicking through from my sites:

"Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80070583'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/cominc/fn_lib_dbconnect.asp, line 229

80070583 "

I also get the same error when clicking on products on CSN store sites, and when using the search box, when I am trying to create new links.

I saw this on some products 3-4 days ago, but by last night, it was happening more and more, and now on all links that I test.

I don't think it's a problem with my computer, as it's not happening with any other merchant except CSN Stores.

I've emailed this to Brent as well as posting it here.

Hopefully something can be done pretty soon.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I just tried a few random examples and they were working for me. Both from a CSN store and from within popshops. Do you want to PM me a link from their store to test it?

Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Staril
    I just tried a few random examples and they were working for me. Both from a CSN store and from within popshops. Do you want to PM me a link from their store to test it?

Sue.
    Yes, if you would. Thanks.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

It seems to be intermittent now - a link will work ok one minute and go to an error page the next.

I just tried a bunch of different product images from 4 of their stores and are ok. Hopefully yours will be ok by now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    I just tried a bunch of different product images from 4 of their stores and are ok. Hopefully yours will be ok by now, too.
    Thanks, purplebear. It now seems to be an one-and-off thing, but more often working than not.

You're definitely welcome, but don't have to thank me glad to help anytime. Hope they'll be more on than off for ya. Both my sites have been that way today. lol Two different hosts, too. The one I knew would be cos they gave warning and luckily the other was just for a minute.

CSN isn't a yahoo store (stores lol ) but I know I still off and on seem to be having some problems with the yahoo stores still. oh well

I saw that error in PopShops when I tried to take a look at the landing page for a few products - maybe they were doing some maintenance? All the links I checked today are fine. CSN stores used to show our affID at the bottom of the pages, now I only see a weird letter combo like KS-P-OJ-XM (random).

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    I saw that error in PopShops when I tried to take a look at the landing page for a few products - maybe they were doing some maintenance? All the links I checked today are fine. CSN stores used to show our affID at the bottom of the pages, now I only see a weird letter combo like KS-P-OJ-XM (random).
    Your're the first person to respond that they have also seen this problem, which, as of this moment, is back for whatever link I click.

As to the letter code, I've seen that for several months now on CSN landing pages, though other SAS merchants do still show the SAS ID, but as far as I know, they do track that code for telephone orders.

ABW Ambassador
    AffiliateHound - I was working very late last night and encountered the exact problem you described. I went to their website and if I clicked on their product I was getting the error message there as well. I noticed last night that even the search on their site wasn't working. I have checked a couple of links on my site that was getting the error last night and they seem to be working okay now.

Hopefully, they have fixed the problem but I will keep an eye on things and report if I see this happening again.

I noticed this happening consistently for one of the stores on Saturday afternoon. I emailed the service@ address about it then, but didn't have a chance to check back on it. It seems to be working now, though.

ABW Ambassador
    I was having problems with their sites (especially one) yesterday and last night, on into the wee morning hours. It's particularly happening if you try to click on the choice to get the small images viewed instead of the larger ones.

Hello,
    Brent emailed me last week and what they are doing is updating their server. should be fine tommorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by carpetkare
    Hello,
    Brent emailed me last week and what they are doing is updating their server. should be fine tommorrow.
    Thanks for the info, carpetkare. But, I'm really surprised that Brent didn't let us all know about such an important matter.

I had to email him last week about it.

ABW Ambassador
    Hope all is cleared up soon, I have several links still getting the error.

Last week they where updating the area rugs site and it took about a day. Everything was fine Monday. They must be doing one store at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by carpetkare
    Last week they where updating the area rugs site and it took about a day. Everything was fine Monday. They must be doing one store at a time.
    No, I've gotten the error message for product links from several different stores at the same time. (for example, Teak, Wicker and More, CSN Lighting, and Cookware Essentials are the ones I was most concerned with for the last 2 days) But it could groups of stores at a time. They have so many, one-at-a-time will take a year to complete.

Leave it to me lol I picked I think 4 merchants to check on earlier when you had posted and they were all ok. Still are.... but none of them were ones you mentioned in this last post.

"Teak, Wicker and More"
    Just checked on that for ya. Good thing...found a couple of my products that went to a page that said are no longer available so removed them.

And...I have one of the widgets (which I thought are supposed to update themselves and only show products that are available) ummmm not so. Not sure what to do with it now. It's got 5 tabs of products. First tab...page says all of them are no longer available. Another tab has products that are. Haven't checked all 5. Guess will have to check with Brent to see what goes with the widget before I remove it. Have a feelin he may be dealin with this tho so will wait a day or two before pestering him. Don't want the poor guy to be gettin questions from all directions lol

Hope your image problem gets fixed soon. Mine are from Make a page...don't know if that matters?

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Hope your image problem gets fixed soon. Mine are from Make a page...don't know if that matters?
    My images are all ok - it's only when clicking on them, or text links, that problems ensue.

My CSN links, and images, are all from "Create a Custom Link to a Page".

I do also have 1 CSN widget on one site, and it's ok. (thought it's never gotten a sale)

I see exactly the same error as in AffiliateHound post.
    And another with code 80070057.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Good Morning,

I made my tech team aware of this error coming up last week. I am going to approach them today and get to the bottom of this. The way they explained it to me, it wasn't going to be an issue that was re-occuring. However, from the posts I have read here, that just isnt the case. I am going to meet with them today and get to the bottom of this issue. There is obviously something larger happening that they are missing.

Thank you all for the replies and the information. It will help in our quest to end this unforseen problem.

Sorry for all the confusion.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Hi 2Busy,

This has actually always been the way that we tracked our phone orders. You may be getting us confused with another merchant?

Thanks,
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Links and CSN sites seem to be working ok this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Links and CSN sites seem to be working ok this morning.
    That is good news. I have not recieved confirmation from my tech team that they have made sure the problem will go away for good. Once I have that confirmation from them, I will consider this taken care of. But until then this is still a pressing issue that I want resolved in full.

Thanks,
    Brent Elias

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast