make a table
    I am utilizing the make a page tool for my nature hills account and am becoming very frustrated with the results, what point is the tool if i need to go and shift every table row around to get an alphabetized listing of products, three to a roww and 9 rows to a page? In this case i chose spring bulbs, all values, sorted alphabetically by sku, 3 cols, 500 per page to get all, and initially it looks fine, but when i get to the last 1/4 of the list 465 or so items, it starts with a,b, c,through t again, and these are not repeat products from the beginning of the list, the last two days is what I spent fixing the spring bulbs response and frankly cannot afford to spend this much time for each result. Is there a better way getting this done? For my pages the specs need to be 3 columns, and 9 rows, or i will exceed the search engine friendly number of urls on a page, plus it is easier for visitors to browse this way.
    Please help me resolve this issue as I am too pressed for time to get this together in time for the season if I have to do it manually!

Thank you for your time and attention,
    Daniel Chiapperino

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Your better way is to learn enough PHP to use the datafeed. Then you will achieve two things:
    1. You can list items in alphabetical order.
    2. By updating your feed, you update all product listings, prices, etc. No more dead product links.

This is quite a process to learn all you need, but it can be done. Start with "Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP & MYSQL" by Kevin Yank.
    Start with a small chunk of the SAS database manually entered into your MYSQL database. And, when you get to where you can use a full database, use the Shareasale script that is posted in the data feed section of this forum. This will take some time, but it is ultimately worth it.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

That isn't the answer I was looking for, it was more towards the reason why the alphabet repeats with different items, as opposed to being entirely in sequence, I mean if I set the criteria for the results I want, then why would I not get those results, and this is also true with spring bulbs too, there seems to be a bug in the id tags of the products? maybe? Now ultimately I am working towards that end PHP and MySQL but I am not there yet and would like to complete this before the selling season for these types of products gets in to full swing....the deep south should already be shopping this stuff, and the northeast should be readying seed starting! and of course the idea is to set as many cookies as possible!!!!

So if you have a more immediate solution to suggest it would be appreciated as was your initial response!

TSG!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    GardeningSphere,

I sent you an email yesterday in reply to your ticket with instructions on how to get the results you want... I was able to do it on Make-A-Page so it should work for you...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread