Are blog comments good for backlinks?
    I have heard that they are mostly nofollow links. Is blog commenting still a good way to get backlinks?

You should ask all your blog questions on the Warrior Forum.

Oh wait... you already have....

http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=33

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewaSmith
    I have heard that they are mostly nofollow links. Is blog commenting still a good way to get backlinks?
    No.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

OK I give. USE THE F*(&^G SEARCH FEATURE. OK, satisfied now. You made me go an do it. Ask this question, ask that question. That's all you do is ask. What about us? What are you gonna give us in return for answers. Huh? U know what we'll get, BUPKISS. That's right nuthin'. That's all we ever get for our hard earned answers (sob). Just use us why don't you. You're just like all the others. You get what you want and move on. And what about us? How do you think that makes us feel? We have feelings too you know. We like to get Googled once in a while. But nooo, all you think about is yourself and you're stinkin' e-book. Well I for one have had it. Good bye and good riddance. Harrumph.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Andrew - leave this board alone, we all can see through your stupid little scheme....Get a life and move on

My Momma told me about boys like that. Actually, it kind of made me happy at the time.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Affiliate Manager Julia_Shoeboxed's Avatar
    Good question! On any major blogging platform (i.e. Blogger, Wordpress, Tumblr, etc.), the links will be "nofollow," which means that it will certainly link to your site, but the link will not count for SEO purposes.

Links from blog comments that are not "nofollow" are hard to find. But, it is possible to find them. To see if the link you create will be "nofollow," just view the page source to see if there are any "nofollow" links in the comments code.

However, even though blog comments are not good for backlinks, they are good for publicity, transparency, and establishing relationships with bloggers.

Very nice answer/explanation, Julia_Shoeboxed
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia_Shoeboxed

Links from blog comments that are not "nofollow" are hard to find. But, it is possible to find them. To see if the link you create will be "nofollow," just view the page source to see if there are any "nofollow" links in the comments code.
    That's not necessarily true that they are hard to find especially with the "dofollow" movement. In fact, there are several lists of dofollow blogs that people regularly seek out and spam.

Also, if someone is REALLY concerned about which links are and are not "nofollow" then they should install SEO for Firefox and then select a color for "nofollow" links to show up as.

sorry to be a noob, what are the definitions of no follow and do follow, i am assuming that do follow helps with SEO and no follows dont? i know what they say about assuming, and its probly right.

It's good to read through old threads, a good way to learn, a little less good to wake them up and bump them with a post. The best way to learn about specific terms and questions is to use the search button and you'll usually get far more information than what people will want to give you in an old unrelated thread.
    Now sometimes when you search there will be no answers at all. That's when you post your question in a new thread so that your question will be a new topic and it can be discussed by anyone who can contribute to that topic. I pretty sure that a search for "nofollow" at ABW will bring up lots of answers.
    Oh, and welcome to ABW

thank you, i will do that next time, i guess i didnt look to see if it was an old thread..doh

Even if a particular blog uses the "nofollow" tag I think it's still a good idea to get backlinks via comments. Of course those blogs have to be very popular ( high traffic). You won't get the pagerank benefits but the hits you could get to your website make that worthy.

Regards,
    Hector

As per my view blog commenting is not so much useful for SEO purpose. I also have experiences that most of blogs are nofollow links which is useless.

Manual sig removed.
    Last edited by Ed Byerly; November 17th, 2008 at 02:00 AM.

No manual sigs sill123. Please read the RULES!

X

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread