Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Pets-Warehouse Launches with DoubleClick Performics!
    DoubleClick Performics is excited to announce the Pets-Warehouse Affiliate Program

Web site:
    http://www.pets-warehouse.com/

Company Description:
    Pets-Warehouse since 1974 offers our customers the largest selection of pet supplies online in the world, when we say "everything for your pet" it's true, we have it. Most importantly we know all your pet's requirements. We're proud to have the most knowledgeable staff in the pet industry. Great customer service insure low returns and more commissions for affiliates.

Benefits to Affiliates:
    Pets-Warehouse provides the broadest selection of pets supplies available anywhere online, add value to your site and benefit your customers. More products than Petsmart.com, Petco.com, 1800PetMeds, PetFoodDirect, Foster & Smith or anyone else! Partner with a recognized pet dealer your customers have known and trusted since 1974.

We are looking to develop long-term affiliate partner relationships.

Pets-Warehouse is the largest dealer of 43,000 pet products and supplies since 1974 worldwide.

According to the 2007-2008 National Pet Owners Survey, 63% of U.S. households own a pet, which equates to 71.1 millions homes

Commission Structure:
    Exclusive Pet Merchant
    9 % Base Payout <$2,000
    10% >$2,000

Non-Exclusive
    8 % Base Payout >$3,500
    8.5% $3,500 - $5,000
    9% >$5,000
    0%>$10,000

TIERED INCENTIVES (by monthly sales)

Commission Duration:
    60 day

BYOL:
    YES

Datafeed:
    Coming Soon!

Get Started Now through DoubleClick Performics!
    Get started today to earn more money tomorrow! Log into your DoubleClick Performics account and join the Pets-Warehouse affiliate program today. After approval, you can upload banners and links and start earning commissions right away! Please contact us with any questions you have regarding the program:

Bob Novak
    petswarehouse@optonline.net

Ryan Honan
    Ryan@Pets-Warehouse.com

Thank You,
    Pets-Warehouse Affiliate Team

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Congrats to you Performics.
    And somebody needs to remove the "Exclusive" tag within SAS then.
    This move surprised me, I thought Bob was headed in another direction.
    See, those of you that think I'm always right... well, I showed you.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Congrats to you Performics.
    I thought Bob was headed in another direction.
    OK, what's that supposed to mean?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Bob, I'm not sure exactly what Donuts meant by his reply -- but if you're surprised that some affiliates are unhappy that you've launched with Performics, then I suggest you do a little more homework, both here on ABW and on AffiliateFairPlay.com.

Exclamation
    We are pleased to announce our new program on Double Click Performics. We
    are very excited about this integration and we believe that this will give
    our affiliates a great opportunity to choose the network that best fits
    their needs.

Why another Network

We realize that some of you may be concerned about what is to become of our
    current Share-a-Sale program. All we can say is please don't be. We will be
    focusing an even amount of effort towards both programs, and as always we
    will be available to work with any and all of our affiliates.

Share A Sale

PW has been with SAS since 2003, and Brian has built a great Network. We
    have no plans to close down our program within SAS. Your links will remain
    in force.

There were issues with our DB being large which inhibited our affiliates
    from utilizing all the tools which normally would be available to you.

The reporting of reversals was placing us in false light.

The inability to communicate directly with our valued affiliates or a lack
    of transparency.

Performics has gained a substantial position as a Network and has attracted
    some super companies. Now under the wing of Google I see this as a great
    opportunity to get on board with the 800 pound Gorilla.

Our position will remain as strong as it has in the past in the regard to
    parasites.
    We will maintain a "STRICK" policy in manually approving all Performics
    affiliates and declining any utilizing Adware or Bho's. THe Upromise, Ebates etc need not apply.

In the long run we know this will benefit you as the affiliate by giving you
    the resources necessary to handle our large database.
    Double click has gone out of their way to work with us and make the changes necessary to make sure that our datafeed is available to all qualified affiliates.

We are getting our database organized in the Performics format and it will
    be released with an increase of about 3,500 products or 46,000 items
    shortly.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Here's a concept -- apply to BOTH, use the best goodies available for Pets Warehouse on SAS and use the best available for Pets Warehouse on Performics.

Personally, I've just applied and I'm looking forward to having Pets Warehouse available in PopShops. If it takes Performics to get it there, no big deal to me.
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    Bob, make sure working with multiple networks is handled properly to avoid 2 different or same affiliates (one from each network) getting commissions for the same sale.

There were some issue when merchants do not handle this properly and multiple affiliates (one from each network) getting commissions for the same sale

Thanks I'll be tracking that.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    do a little more homework, both here on ABW and on AffiliateFairPlay.com.
    Mark with respect, home work isn't necessary on my part, I can teach merchants and a few OPM's how to keep the dirt bags out.
    I had Kelly work with us a while back on suspicious activity.
    I know affiliate marketing very well since '03.

If you look way back I exposed and continue to expose more pet merchants than anyone else.

But you know what's funny, everybody knows Petco, Petsmart, 800PetMeds, PetCareRx ,PetFoodDirect, Drs. Foster and Smith ..... but affiliates knowing they are dirty as all hell continue to use them.

PW has and will remain squeaky clean, if anyone find some that sneaks in somehow they will get the boot, that you can take to the bank.

A major difference with our program is the affiliates aren't related ten levels down from management that is unaware of this segment of marketing.

As an affiliate you not find another program which is as active in ABW and totally committed to your success. We also have a inhouse full time AM Ryan H. always available to help you out. Tell us the last time you spoke to someone from the above mentioned pet dealers.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    The inability to communicate directly with our valued affiliates or a lack
    of transparency.
    There is no more transparency with any other network than there is with Shareasale, just to clarify. If an affiliate choses to share their information with you they can on either network, if they choose not to, then they won't.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Debbie, have you looked thru the advertiser side of Pfx?

I have never had access to my affiliate's info in SAS.

Can you contact prospective affiliates about your program?

Can you explain why an order was reversed?
    Bob Pets Warehouse

http and a telephoto
    I have never had access to my affiliate's info in SAS.\
    You can request that your affiliates are allowed to share that information with you. I have it on all the merchants I manage. No network shares the affiliate's information with the merchant without the affiliate's consent. The affiliate can decide what pieces of information to share. And no I have not seen Performics back end and if they do allow merchants to see affiliate information without consent, then that is another reason I am glad I never used them as an affiliate. Privacy is important to me, as it is to other affiliates.
    Can you contact prospective affiliates about your program?
    No, and the Shareasale affiliates prefer it that way. Getting generic solicitations from merchants I am not interested in is not welcome.
    Can you explain why an order was reversed?
    There is the "Contact this affiliate via email" option.

If you feel you can expand your reach using an addtional network, then do, but understand that you will be losing some formerly loyal Shareasale affiliates in the meantime.

And you can have your Shareasale datafeed in PopShops.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    if they do allow merchants to see affiliate information without consent, then that is another reason I am glad I never used them as an affiliate. Privacy is important to me, as it is to other affiliates.
    Debbie, ok your loyalty to SAS is obvious, which is fine.
    But please don't try and knock a network in which you have no first hand knowledge of.

I did not say I can see an affiliates information, in PFX affiliates can opt into receiving communications.

you can have your Shareasale datafeed in PopShops.
    I'll give that some thought and speak to Jesse.

------

Let me add this over 70% of my SAS affiliates are already publishers at Pfx, isn't that interesting?

Bob Pets Warehouse

understand that you will be losing some formerly loyal Shareasale affiliates in the meantime.
    I have more confidence in my affiliates having business sense, if they're earning in our program why would they bite their nose off.

If they chose to stay with SAS that's great, they lose nothing.
    The monthly coupons will be posted and all other incentives will continue.

The commission structure is the same.

But when you get to comparing the tools in Pfx that will work with our data base which will not work in SAS there is difference, a big one.

Also the back end of the Pfx system is nice.

We also expect more things to happen with Google involved.

Bob Pets Warehouse

Internet Cowboy
    What effect will Google buying DC have on your program at Performics?

http and a telephoto
    Bob, there are affiliates that are not thrilled with the Pfx backend. Same as there are those that don't like the Shareasale backend. I was just pointing out that some of your rationale was not exactly pertinent. You have already seen that some affiliates are not excited about your adding a second network, it is not just me being loyal to Shareasale.

I have merchants on other networks, and may be consulting with one on Performics.
    Deborah Carney

You have already seen that some affiliates are not excited about your adding a second network,
    Not according to the applications.

Or

Are you saying they would prefer I did what other merchants have, a complete switch and leave them in a lurch, I value their support and partnership. They have a choice.

I have merchants on other networks, and may be consulting with one on Performics.
    I suggest having a rep walk you thru the front and backend. Or speak to them at the Summit.

Bob Pets Warehouse

If you look way back I exposed and continue to expose more pet merchants than anyone else.

But you know what's funny, everybody knows Petco, Petsmart, 800PetMeds, PetCareRx ,PetFoodDirect, Drs. Foster and Smith ..... but affiliates knowing they are dirty as all hell continue to use them.
    With all due respect Bob, it seems that you are ousting merchants with BHO on your petty stool and condemning them, etc? For what???

IMHO, your main purpose is to NOT help the industry or help that merchant improve but you go on your crusade to flame merchants by calling them "flee infested".. and following that, you will shamelessly promote your company. Is that a cheap shot or what?? Below the belt punch? By blasting other pet merchants, in my books, you are as worst than those merchants and it is just despicable.

Here is my 2 cents, PLS take the high road and educate merchants.
    If you have nothing good to say, keep it to yourself.

p.s. it does not matter if you have knowledge since 2003, 1993 or 1893. It's the principle that matters.
    p.p.s. I noticed that you contributed recently to other post and I thought that Bob changed for the better till I see the true colors again.
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    There were issues with our DB being large which inhibited our affiliates
    from utilizing all the tools which normally would be available to you.
    This is no small item. I have been extremely frustrated trying to use the bigger feeds at SAS and I love Brian and the network.

An example that comes to mind is ReStockit. I had no trouble with their feed at CJ, but the one on SAS has never been close to right. I looked at the Rockler feed on SAS and wouldn't even touch it. I could give more.

I don't want to take sides, but Bob is probably doing whats right for his business. I talked to him on the phone and he seems like a straight shooter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ske9963
    With all due respect Bob, it seems that you are ousting merchants with BHO on your petty stool and condemning them, etc? For what???

IMHO, your main purpose is to NOT help the industry or help that merchant improve but you go on your crusade to flame merchants by calling them "flee infested".. and following that, you will shamelessly promote your company. Is that a cheap shot or what?? Below the belt punch? By blasting other pet merchants, in my books, you are as worst than those merchants and it is just despicable.

Here is my 2 cents, PLS take the high road and educate merchants.
    If you have nothing good to say, keep it to yourself.
    Really, so youíre suggesting that I contact competitors that arenít participating in this forum donít care one iota about this community and educate them in their use of parasitic partners. Ok, where are they?

Do you recall when the AM Dana, from Petsmart came to ABW to be educated and she ran away never to be heard from again? She stated ď"...I will do all I can to get back to you as soon as possible. Then ÖPlease keep that in mind asĒ I will not be posting on this site after this." That my friend is despicable. She said the hell with 40,000 ABW members.

But you suggest I educate her.

Itís up to their OPMís or AMís to do that along with pressure from their affiliates.

Whatís despicable is to hide the fact that they are infested.

Whatís despicable is so many affiliates use them.

Tell us what you have done to educate any merchants that I mentioned, probably nothing?

I think the high road is to educate prospective and our current affiliates. Doing so is a much better use of our time.

As far as exposing them I donít think thereís anyone else better qualified or with the spine to do it.

So to keep you up to date (donít shoot the messenger)

Ebates
    CheapPetStore,PetSmart,1-800-PetmedsFoster & Smith,PetCareRx,PETCO.com,PetFoodDirect,natpetpharm

Upromise
    PetCareRx 7%,PETCO 7%,PetFoodDirect 5%,PetSmart 7%,Foster and Smith 6%

shop at home
    Only Natural Pet Store,petsmart,800petmeds,entirely pets,PetCareRx,national pet pharmacy,pet food direct,foster & smith,dog com,petco

coupon mountain has many

Fundraising Solutions org
    800pet meds,Foster & Smith,petfood direct,National Pet Pharmacy,Only Natural Pet Store,petco,PetCareRx,petsmart,SitStay

edealinfo
    Jakes Dog House,EntirelyPets,800PetMed,PetCareRx,Foster Smith,PetFoodDirect,petsmart,sitstay,petco

ske9963, if you want to share your commisions those are the folks you should sign up with, not us.

Bob Pets Warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    This is no small item. I have been extremely frustrated trying to use the bigger feeds at SAS and I love Brian and the network.

An example that comes to mind is ReStockit. I had no trouble with their feed at CJ, but the one on SAS has never been close to right. I looked at the Rockler feed on SAS and wouldn't even touch it. I could give more.

I don't want to take sides, but Bob is probably doing whats right for his business. I talked to him on the phone and he seems like a straight shooter to me.
    Thanks for your support.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Mark with respect, home work isn't necessary on my part, I can teach merchants and a few OPM's how to keep the dirt bags out.
    Bob, there are really two categories of parasitic behavior:
    1) BHOs (you know their names)
    2) Affiliates who use adware to poach shopping carts (see link at the bottom of my post).

You may know the names of the BHOs, but you can't know the names of the various poppers, they constantly change. So please don't make Mark's comments seem trivial. PFX is a network often shown to be the leading in shitware popping, completely aside from BHO activity. I PM'd you some links to some information, threads here that mention and link to reports by Ben Edelman and Kellie Stevens. It's my assertion that a network doesn't become the number one popper by accident, it's either by design, incompetence or just lazy but willful negligence. You pick which one suits you better if you'd like, but choosing to migrate to PFX will be viewed by some affiliates here as a very bad move. Most will still work with you, so I'm not saying they'll leave in droves or anything, but your policing for poppers just got much, much harder - and that popping will also affect your SAS affiliates (search ABW for dual platforms).

I wish you well going forward Bob, hope to see you in Vegas and I hope you find the success you seek where ever you seek it, but like Mark, I'm gone.

I'm well aware of those issues, Ryan & my staff will be vigilant and when discovered we'll give 'em the boot.

Moreover, Popping is on LS CJ and others.

You and anyone else are free to bring them to our attention.

As far as affiliates leaving, I knew that risk going into this.

It was a far greater risk for my affiliates unable to utilize affiliate tools on SAS due the database size limitation of 15,000 items.

Due to this limitation all my affiliates have been limited in their effectiveness, in not be able to utilize "make a page, widgets, product links & custom link pages" that is a significant disadvantage.

Those short comings hampered their ability to convert their traffic to a sales.

I believe I made the correct choice for the benefit of the Pets Warehouse program overall going foward .

The only other networks at this level are LS & CJ, I spoke with them they said all this stuff about adware etc was baloney and insisted I would do myself a disservice not to avail myself of them.

At least Pfx acknowledged my concerns and clearly said the choice was totally mine and they at least were aware of the issues.

I can't make Vegas, I have a wedding that weekend.

I expect to be in Boston.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

http and a telephoto
    Tell us what you have done to educate any merchants that I mentioned, probably nothing?
    ske9963 has educated more people in person and on this forum than you can count. If you had looked at their past posts you may have seen that.
    Deborah Carney

The question was Merchants not people.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast