strawberrynet changes commission structure
    From a flat 10% structure, they seem to have gone to 15% for new customers and down to just 2.5% for customers deemed as "returning customers".

Whenever this kind of thing happens, I wonder about how customers are classified as returning? Same credit card maybe? I certainly hope their systems are robust enough to do this fairly. A 75% paycut is alot...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

I usually end up about even, but I hate when merchants do this.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't like those kind of deals, too much room for abuse on the merchant side.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    From a flat 10% structure, they seem to have gone to 15% for new customers and down to just 2.5% for customers deemed as "returning customers".

Whenever this kind of thing happens, I wonder about how customers are classified as returning? Same credit card maybe? I certainly hope their systems are robust enough to do this fairly. A 75% paycut is alot...
    same customers probably the ones who already made a purchase -thus having already created a customer account with them-

The assumption with deals like this seems to be that if a customer made a purchase once he's ours for life and we don't have to worry about marketing to him any further...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

hehe do some PPC along the lines of...

"Never experienced the advantages of (insert merchant here)?" Try This!

Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    hehe do some PPC along the lines of...

"Never experienced the advantages of (insert merchant here)?" Try This!

?

ABW Ambassador
    I usually start looking for competing products when merchants start to play these games.

Thanks for the heads up. Too many good merchants in this space to take a hit like this.

I will just take down their affiliate links. IMHO there are much better advertisers, such as Skinstore (15 % unlimited) and others

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Don't like those kind of deals, too much room for abuse on the merchant side.
    Exactly!

I finally had one sale coming in the other day after joinning them for quite a while. But it was credited as "returning sales". So I get 2.5% commission instead of 15%.

To me, this customer is my new costumer and the sales is a brand new sale from my site. Why should I deserve to get 2.5% commission?

I emailed them and questioned about this sale. They replied: "...If a brand new customer who has never purchased from StrawberryNET before visits your site and makes a purchase then you’ll receive a 15% commission on that sale. If the customer is a returning customer and has previously made a purchase with StrawberryNET before then you’ll receive a 2.5% commission on the sale..."

To my understanding, a return costumer is the one who made purchase throught my site before.

I don't like the game they are playing and I will replace their links with other merchants products.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread