HIya

i would liket to know as what do you all say if a Merchant joins another merchants Affiliate Program. Ofcourse, both the merchant's products will be different.

Would you recommend it?

Farrukh Saeed
    Arabian Bazaar.com

ABW Ambassador
    no, do you mean to put the other merchants links on your site, with your own affiliates linking to your site? Then no, thats leakage.

Thanks for the reply Trust

So it would be better to sign up a deal with the other merchant and sell their products on own site.

Shipping would be provided by the other Merchant.

Farrukh Saeed
    Arabian Bazaar.com

ABW Ambassador
    Most definitely not. I would never sign up for a merchants affiliate program if, when going to the merchants site, they have affiliate links on it. A great way to make sure no good affiliates sign up for it.

Nothing wrong, though, with a merchant having a stand alone site that promotes other merchant partners - just don't put it on the main merchant site (does this make sense?).

Jim

Farrukh,

You can probably answer your own question by asking this: "Why would an affiliate send traffic to my site, so that I could then in turn send it to another merchant's site, when that affiliate could go straight to the other merchant's site and sign up?"

There are sites like Catalog City that are nothing but affiliate links to merchants, but the truth is almost anyone can go to CC's merchants and sign up directly with them for a higher commission.

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimh009:
    Most definitely not. I would never sign up for a merchants affiliate program if, when going to the merchants site, they have affiliate links on it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That's the first thing I check - I was interested somewhat in that new affiliate program for talking software mentioned in another thread, but the first thing I saw there was an affiliate link, so they were down and out immediately.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Easiest way to go from a trusted merchant status to the ranks of the greed driven wannabee merchant is to put up non-commissionable sister site links or network links to other merchants. Notice how GSI did this with multiple merchants in their pool to create commission leakage. Dell does the same by building one domain and then splitting the content links into seperate non commissionable areas (Small Biz vs Home systems) with the exact same products in both to keep from paying commissions.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Well... actually this approach is called "cross commerce" and some sites do follow this model.

So, image you have a site selling widgets and there's a really good book on widgets at Amazon that you'd recommend, then put in a link. If another site sells brass-plated custom widget holders, then why not include that?

OK, this is a very different model from the usual site and may not be popular with your own affiliates. And here's the thing.. the most high-profile cross commerce site that I can think of is/was Alphacraze which basically shut up shop.

If you're shipping serious amounts of product then it may be easier to look into a dropshipping arrangement with a complementary site, rather than just affiliate links.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

Alright, what if the Merchant is not running its own Affiliate Program.

Should that merchant join another Merchant's Affiliate Program which has no resemblence with his products.

I just want to find out that does Merchant's join other Merchants Affiliate Program and both of the merchants are selling tangible products.

Farrukh Saeed
    Arabian Bazaar.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:

If you're shipping serious amounts of product then it may be easier to look into a dropshipping arrangement with a complementary site, rather than just affiliate links.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dynamoo, Can you explain as how does Drop Shipping work with the other merchant.

Farrukh Saeed
    Arabian Bazaar.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Model your cross selling opportunities like TigerDirect and OverStock does. They find niche' products or are asked by various suppliers to showcase their computer related items on those sites. 100% of those items that can be put in a OverStock or TD shopping basket get paid a referral commission. Those links that go off site are probably traffic exchanges based upon receprocal links with a common appeal to their customer base.

Drop shipping means your product site books the order and collects the money and a 3rd party supplier fulfills the order to the consumer upon receipt of payment. Read over the section on WorldStock at Overstock.com and also their www.overstockb2b.com site. I assume 30% of their sales items are fulfilled by 3rd parties rather than from their own warehouse.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread