Thread: Event Engine without Artist ID

Event Engine without Artist ID
    I just recently joined the Ticketmaster affiliate program, and I'm really interested in using the Event Engine to supplement an artist/band search feature on my website. I was hoping to be able to generate Event Engine widgets based on search query by inserting the searched artist name into the Event Engine script, but it seems that the code requires the artist's ticketmaster "id" number in order to function properly.

The portion of the JavaScript I'm referring to is this (an example):

HTML Code:
    SEARCH=Radiohead&ARTISTID=39267
    It would be nice if the Event Engine could still function without the ARTISTID field, and just return the most relevant results based on the SEARCH field. If I'm overlooking something and there is actually a way to accomplish this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone know how to do this?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Good morning...

The EventEngine Widget is designed to use artist ID's based on Ticketmaster's feeds. At present the widget requires the ID so there is no way around that part.

A good way to get the artist ID's is to download the Artist Product Feed. The first column in the data set is PRODUCT_CODE, which is actually the artist ID you would want to use to manipulate the widget. The second column, PRODUCT_NAME, is the artists name...so its pretty easy to find who you are looking for in the list.

buy.at is working with Ticketmaster to make changes to the widget and release new verisons. We will definitely take your suggestion for a search function to TM.

c3

Charlie,

Thanks for your suggestion, that was exactly the workaround I was looking for. Appreciate it.

Affiliate Network Rep
    No problem we are here to help...

c3

Hi, I just stumbled upon the same problem and tried your recommended solution, but the artist ids in the Artist Product Feed do not match the artist ids in the Event Engine.

Example: The event engine has Bon Jovi as 161097 or 834 for the artist id value. The US Artist Feed has 734608 listed as the PRODUCT_CODE, which is also the id for the Ticketmaster page.

Is there any way to get access to the artistid numbers used in the event engine? I have 12,000 artists in my database, so setting them up one by one would take forever.

thanks!

Affiliate Network Rep
    In general this should work...

You should be able to look up an artist by their ID in the Artist Feed.

I am actively looking into this and will get you answers as quickly as possible.

c3

Hi Charlie,

Were you able to make any progress on this? In my example above, using the id listed under PRODUCT_CODE for Bon Jovi (734608) displays:

SEARCH FOR TICKETS
    Sorry, we currently do not have any tickets on-sale for . Check back-we'll let you know here as soon as tickets become available. You can also check out other events at www.ticketmaster.com

However if I use 161097 or 834 it displays several Bon Jovi concerts. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

ArtistID's Progress?
    Hi.

@ Charlie

I'm kind of new to this program, but I also would be interested in dynamically creating html widgets. The one hold-up being that the feed ArtistID's provided do not match the ArtistID's required to access a valid widget response. Would it be possible to have the two versions of ArtistID provided side-by-side in the feeds?

Thanks Coefield

10. Newsletter Signup