Commission Junction, a ValueClick (VCLK) company stock
    Anybody buying any Commission Junction, a ValueClick (VCLK) company stock today. Word is that it's going to see alot of action today.

https://www.etrade.wallst.com/v1/sto...aq0v1rqxtGnv8=

http and a telephoto
    You have to be logged in to use that link.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

why action today?

6% gain so far, probably on news that their settlement of $2.9 million was less than investors expected them to pay.

oops sorry.. did not know that link would not work. anyways I'm not a e-trade customer but thinkin I should. My stocks with my broker keep losing money and I'm thinking of taking them over myself. I was looking at stock news this morning and there was alot of talk about Valueclick and things that are going on. The stock has been down alittle the past few mo's and I'm thinkin It's a good buy. It's up over buck this morning, I'm thinking it's going to rebound back to more than $10 bucks a share where it was last year..but will have to wait and see.

last July there stock was over $30 and was always moving up.. It sarted @ like $22 this morning. I'm thinkin it will rebound to that $30 level soon... Thinking I need to open an online broker.

ABW Ambassador
    Their earnings call was last night.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/080213/1590748.html?.v=1

I purchased some VCLK, recently, in the low 20s, just before it dipped in the high 10s.

I had read somewhere that the FTC issue was likely to be settled and that VCLK could be a prime acquisition target (which could mean a 50%+ return). I also think this stock should see a nice pop. But given the current macro-economics any stock and most stocks are doing poorly.

I would not be surprised if MSFT after buying YHOO would try to buy VCLK. But now, because of the hostile YHOO purchase, we probably would not see such a deal until the end of the year.

Cheers,

C

KODea, for an online brokerage account I would not recommend e-trade. I don't really dislike e-trade (the web interface is pretty feature rich) . e-trade seems to have a lot of fees (read the small-print) and customer support is not very good/competent. I'm just closing my last of 2 accounts with then (had been a customer since the 90s).

Also because of the mortgage crisis, if we see some corporate bankruptcies in the coming year (not likely but not totally impossible neither) they would be one of the least robust company. Check out their stock and earnings...it does not look very solid.

VCLK just got multiple upgrades today, with target prices around 30. Not bad on another minus xxx points for the DOW.

Quote Originally Posted by KODea
    last July there stock was over $30 and was always moving up.. It sarted @ like $22 this morning. I'm thinkin it will rebound to that $30 level soon... Thinking I need to open an online broker.
    WTF is going on with the market... VCLK reached the high $17's today.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Watch it drop lower and lower.

Even Google is getting close to the low 400s from a high of $747 just a few weeks ago (which makes it very attractive). That's nearly a 50% drop from it highs.

Unless you day trade, it's probably better to stay in cash until a market bottom starts to build (probably in Q3/Q4?).

It's really worrisome that we are seeing the US dollar at record lows. According to this article is would be at a 35+ years low.
    http://www.bi-me.com/main.php?id=17930&t=1&c=34&cg=4
    or US versus Canadian Dollar, 5 year chart (WTF is going on):
    http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/co...CAD&amt=1&t=5y

One would think that with a dollar so low our exports would be booming, which is not really the case.

Quote Originally Posted by delsol
    ...One would think that with a dollar so low our exports would be booming, which is not really the case.
    Surprisingly... the Indian Rupee is getting weaker vs. the dollar... so it looks like we will still be exporting jobs to India.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread