Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Collie breeder link in member's sig? Who is it?
    Help!

I need to track down which member has a link in their sig to their friend who breeds collies. I visited the site a couple of days ago but can't recall which member has the link or the domain name of the site so I'm unable to find it.

A friend of mine has a dog who just died and I would like to print out the quote on that web site about being a compassionate dog owner for her. I think it might help her in her grief.

Thanks, guys!

I just saw it. sfcom
    Last edited by jmoore61103; February 14th, 2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: its com not con

Thanks, Judi. I really appreciate the help!

see my sig...
    Respectfully,

John

----------------------------------------------
    work = Initiate Demand
    passion = Global Ground Work

Thanks John!

Please tell your collie breeder friend how special I think his writing about being a "merciful man" is and how much I appreciate his ability to articulate his love and respect for animals. I hope he won't mind that I printed it out to share with my friend whose beloved German Shepherd died in her arms.

Chris is truly a special kind of guy, and it is very obvious in his writings.

I will send him a link to this post.

John
    Respectfully,

John

----------------------------------------------
    work = Initiate Demand
    passion = Global Ground Work

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    John, Those pups are cute.

Yeah, collie pups are adorable, aren't they?

My mom brought home a rough collie from the pound when the army shipped my dad overseas. I was born a few months later so that dog was in my life from day one. He made it his special job to guard me and help raise me. He was my first dog and taught me about loving and respecting animals.

Collies are smart, sensitive, loyal to a fault and playful, too. The only downside to a rough collie is they shed like nobody's business and have to be brushed every day. But it's a labor of love.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Timmie! Timmie!

Paul, where's Timmie?!?!?!?!

(pan to the Ole Mill)

Enter Lassie, stage left
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    If I would to get a dog, it would be a German Sheppard, golden retriever or Husky. Doubt it will be a husky as it might die in the South due to the heat. Doubt that I will get it from the pound too cos it would be too hard to train. My cat which I got at an older age has its own ways and can be mean.. I know it did not get that from me

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    If I would to get a dog, it would be a German Sheppard, golden retriever or Husky. Doubt it will be a husky as it might die in the South due to the heat. Doubt that I will get it from the pound too cos it would be too hard to train. My cat which I got at an older age has its own ways and can be mean.. I know it did not get that from me

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks. Our dog isn't old, but we got her from the pound and she was easy to train. Some commands she obeys better than others. She's half-beagle, so she doesn't come when called very well, especially if her nose is busy guiding her on an adventure. She's very food oriented so she'd do anything for a treat. If she knows I have a treat in hand, she will go through her entire repertoire of tricks before I even say a word. It's adorable.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss, Rhea. I dread the day we lose our pup. My mother-in-law lost her golden retriever last year. She was my hubby's best bud when he was living at home. It was hard. Dogs (and pets in general) should be immortal.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

see my sig...
    I blew that one! Sorry, John. (and Rhea) I knew what thread I saw it in - just screwed up which post. I'm headed off to check out the collie site. We've loved our share of pound dogs and cats and lost one just last year.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread