CSN Stores Affiliate coupons?
    Are CSN Stores planning on running any type of coupons for affiliates in the near future?

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KPR
    Are CSN Stores planning on running any type of coupons for affiliates in the near future?
    Hi Kpr,

At this time I do not plan on issuing affiliate coupons. I am a firm believer in brand names being the major beneficiaries of on-line coupons, and not smaller companies that do not have great brand recognition. This is stricly from a bottom line point of view. If your main goal as a merchant is to just drive revenue and you have no problem losing site of your own margins, then they are great for you.

Thanks for the question.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

No problem i can do deeplinking to your products. That and the ideas i have for your massive datafeeds.

Thanks

That's an interesting perspective. From a coupon affiliate perspective, I see just the opposite. The brand merchants sell themselves, even without a coupon. A coupon helps increase sales with the brand merchants, but not as much as with smaller companies. With a smaller company, it's almost impossible (for a coupon affiliate) to generate sales (especially to customers who have never shopped with you before) without a coupon.

To me, coupons are best used as a motivator to get consumers to follow an action that you want. If you want new customers, offer new customer coupons. If you want larger orders, give out coupons with a minimum higher than the average order size. If you want to sell specific brands or categories of products, give out coupons that apply to those brands or categories. If you want to generate action now, use coupons with short expirations.

I'm certainly not suggesting that companies should offer coupons that reduce profits on sales they would have already had or that generate a loss (unless they have a specific goal and deep pockets). But coupons can be an effective tool if used right.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I agree with Michael. I have no problem making sales for the namebrands, coupon or no. But smaller brands need the coupons at least for first time buyers to get them through the door.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread