Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    2 Year Affiliate Marketing Anniversary
    After 2 years in it, I can't say that my time has been worth it. I wanted to thank everyone on the forum for all the help, insight, and understanding on a wide range of affiliate marketing related questions. I certainly know so much more now that I did 2 years ago, mainly due to this site. It's a great resource for aff marketers.

With that said, I have decided to take a 6 month break from affiliate marketing. I have just grown tired of the daily updates of information that need to be done to keep the site relevant. Since I can't think of any real good reason to keep it up, why not just stop for a while. As pointed out before, I do tend to do a lot of complaining about my situation. My decision has put a smile on my face. Who knows what will happen in 6 months.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Awww....congrats, and that's too bad. I basically took off a year, worked a supposed real job, and was just told that I had a week to make my stay at home mom time work for a restructuring of the position I was in. I decided nuts to them. I'm jumping on the AM wagon again. Maybe you'll get there too after your time off.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

but ... but ... this forum NEEDS cowbell!!!

Seriously though, do what you need to do. Affiliate marketing is still here.
    Don't limit yourself to that 6 months, if you get a great idea Monday, run with it.
    We're here too. If you need to chat, you know where to find us. I take little breaks all the time. Some by choice, some by health or circumstance. But like a stubborn fungus, I keep coming back.

I know I'm not saying it well, but basically I'm saying all the best wherever your path leads.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I have decided to take a 6 month break from affiliate marketing.
    You probably already know this, but it would be a wise investment to pay hosting fees to keep your sites online during this hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    After 2 years in it, I can't say that my time has been worth it. I wanted to thank everyone on the forum for all the help, insight, and understanding on a wide range of affiliate marketing related questions. I certainly know so much more now that I did 2 years ago, mainly due to this site. It's a great resource for aff marketers.

With that said, I have decided to take a 6 month break from affiliate marketing. I have just grown tired of the daily updates of information that need to be done to keep the site relevant. Since I can't think of any real good reason to keep it up, why not just stop for a while. As pointed out before, I do tend to do a lot of complaining about my situation. My decision has put a smile on my face. Who knows what will happen in 6 months.
    Congrats on the two years! I know it's hard to walk away for a while, but rest up a bit and come back at it with a fresh perspective and renewed vigor. As popdawg said, don't impose a time limit on it. Take as short or as long as you need. Perhaps develop a strategy that doesn't require as much maintenance. That's been my emphasis lately since I just don't have the time or energy for constant updates, but just don't want to give it up completely.

I wish you the best of luck!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Get the Battery Recharged and come on back

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    It is good to take a break and do something different. I hope you are happier with whatever you decide to do for the next 6 months. We'll still be here waiting for your complaints! :-)

Seymour, I can certainly understand the need for a break. Sometimes you just need to get away from something for a while to understand if it's what you want to do or not. Hopefully during the next six months you'll get a better handle on what's right for you. You may very well find something that is more fulfilling, or you may realize that this is really what you want to do.

Whichever it is I hope you'll continue to pop in here and keep us up to date.

Good luck, and don't forget to add a little more cow bell in everything you do.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Best of luck and by all means keep your sites going. You never know when they might grow legs. If the content is good they may pay for themselves at least.

Perhaps you should ask for a "separation review" in the site review forum. Maybe someone has some ideas for some low maintenance monetization for while you're away.

All the best,

Yes, keep those websites up, G., and if you need any help with anything, you know where to find me, man.

Geno

As long as you have your head on straight and you're doing what's best for you, you're doing the right thing. Best of luck, man. Hope to see you again in six months.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Take care and good luck. Take some time off and reconsider your situation - but don't let those sites go off-line. You may be surprised that they may just see a few up-ticks in the SERPs.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    We'll miss you Seymour.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Good luck, Seymour. I've been cheering for you!

Take your break. We'll all be here when you return.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Awww, you guys are so nice.

have a nice break.

You'll be missed. I've enjoyed your posts. Good luck.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't be a stranger! Let us know what you're up to.

Hey Seymour! Please stop back from time to time. It is a wise person who knows when they need a break. I was thinking about you when I saw the "More Cowbell" t-shirt in JCPenney's today. They only had size medium left, so it must be a big seller. Take care and enjoy your time off.

-sfcom

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread