Question paging
    Until a possible option is implemented to allow for paging (so I can have, for example, 100 products, in one store but only 10 per page), is there a way to force it? I.E. something I can insert in the Pop it in code (PHP) to cause the store to split into pages?

I would like an answer to the same question.

Where are you Jessie??

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I was wondering the same thing.

No hack that I know of.
    But I will mention this to Dan and see what I can find out. I know that's a big wishlist item.

Jessie

Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    No hack that I know of.
    But I will mention this to Dan and see what I can find out. I know that's a big wishlist item.

Jessie
    It sure is. We would like to see that happen as soon as possible.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I would love to see paging. I know I can parse the HTML result set.. but would like something automatic.

Thanks!
    hanji

I will do my best to get something like this in. Thanks for your input and ideas!

Jessie

Hello Jessie

Just seeing if there has been any updates regarding this. I just upgraded to Enterprise, and I was surprised to see that paging is still not available?? Or am I just missing it?

Thanks!
    hanji

Yes, you are missing it. It's available with Pro and Enterprise. Autofeeds (autopages): http://www.popshops.com/faq/163
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

You can page with AutoFeed located in preferences above the thumbnails. We do not have a way to create manual pages but it is on our wishlist.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Hello Jessie

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if this is exactly what I want. According the FAQ you pointed, it states..

It allows you to automatically create additional pages of products similar to the ones you picked for the first page of your shop
    I have specific products that I picked for the store, and don't want 'similar' products provided in the paged results. I have about 50 products (specifically picked) and want to show 10 products / page. Is there a way to page the store products that I picked?

Thanks!
    hanji

No, you need to create 10 shops if you want to do that. Creating site navigation (which is what you want) is on our wishlist, but it is not something that you can do currently. You can create pages of "similar" products.

One of the reasons we originally designed it that way is that:

a) Products become inactive quickly and a completely manual showcase that are pages and pages deep doesn't scale well
    b) Consumers don't tend to click that deeply into showcases. The cost/benefit analysis showed that having the secondary products be reasonably similar was the way to go.

That's the reason that we did it that way. We wanted to keep it simple. That said, I DO hear that some people want to be able to page and it is still on the wishlist.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread