Rocky Mountain
    How to track affiliate link clicking?
    I want to build a website that has the same functionality as or any other cash back shopping website. I am good at PHP + MySQL programming, and I'm now trying to figure out how to track affiliate link clicking and purchases.

I know most people get their affiliate urls from, linkshare, etc. I've looked through the API documentation from CJ and know that I need to pass the SID value (unique shopper ID value) to merchants. I am wondering how to deal with merchants affiliate links that are not through

Anyone here can give me a hint??? how do you track if a user makes a purchase after clicking a affiliate links?

I appreciate any reply.

Linkshare, CJ, Performics, SAS, and several other networks have this capability as well. Along with a few indies. Then you can get reporting after the order is shipped (usually) Some merchants report at the time of the click.

If you are not using a merchant through a network, you need to find out if the merchant supports this (sometimes called second tier tracking).

If a merchant does not support, it doesn't work.

I just set this up yesterday for my landing pages. I might be able to help you out, email me if you still need help.

Rocky Mountain
    Hi LincolnAve,

Thanks for your offer of help. I do need some hint about how to track affiliate link clicks. Because I am a new user, this forum doesn't allow me to send private messages (PM). I am wondering if you can PM me about how you did it? or please email me at: ivytony @ (@ spaced out).

Thank you!

jacked by sylon

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread