How to track SAS affiliate link click-thru?
    I am trying to build a website with cashback for shopping through our affiliate links. I know we can track CJ.com's click through by sending them SID value.

For SAS, is there a similar way to do the tracking??

I appreciate your reply.

Important: Some ShareASale merchants prohibit "incentive affiliates," and thus would prohibit your participation as an affiliate. Other merchants may apply special terms or conditions for "incentive affiliates." During the application process, affiliates are asked to identify whether their site is an "incentive" site, defined generally as a site which "rewards visitors for performing actions" and expressly identifies "reward" and "charity" sites as falling into this category. If you originally applied without identifying your site as an "incentive site," you should contact ShareASale to make sure that your account is properly identified for merchants.

AffTrack ID: ShareASale has a parameter called "afftrack=" which can be used to identify a specific click, if your site can insert an appropriate ID (click ID, user ID) to pass as a parameter.

Log in to ShareASale and click "help," then search for "afftrack" in the online help system.

> The tracking string must be alphanumeric, and can not contain any spaces or special characters. There is a 255 character limit. * * *

If your tracking string is "123ABC", then your new link would look like this:

www. shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=70&U=XXXX&M=47&afftrack=123ABC

The afftrack= parameter may already be in your link - be sure to use the existing one and not to add an additional one. <

thanks a lot!! very helpful info!

one more question here:

I checked the cloaked affiliated links on fatwallet.com and I found they don't seem to send their affiliate IDs to the merchant website, look at this for example:

http://www.fatwallet.com/cash-back-coupons/Buy

when you click on the '1.0% Cash Back Rebate Available!' link, you will be redirected to buy.com without any affiliate IDs in the url. I am wondering how they track the click and purchase??

thanks

When I went to the page you specified, that 1% off text link had this hyperlink:

www dot fatwallet dot com/redirect/bounce.php?cbmerch=2878&afsrc=1

This is certainly not a direct link -- it is a redirect, which presumably triggers the appropriate affiliate link for the fat-wallet folks. When you click on it, of course, all you will see is the final destination site, not any intermediate redirects.

If you do not understand what a redirect is or how it works, you are definitely not ready to launch your own incentive site!

sure, I do know what redirection is. That's why I call this a cloaked link:

www dot fatwallet dot com/redirect/bounce.php?cbmerch=2878&afsrc=1

As far as I can tell, cbmerch=2878 is the merchant ID in their database. cb means cashback??

thanks!

Run up something like Ethereal (packet sniffer) Or there is a Firefox headers display plugin.

Then see what happens...

I just checked, it eventually does a 302 redirect to
    affiliate.buy.com with an affiliate id filled in (assuming one of
    aid or adid are the affilaite get variable).

Crispin

I have figured it out for tracking affiliate links through SAS. You need to append 'afftrack=' value and the destination url. Right now, my PHP code works perfectly.

Thanks!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread