More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Traffic Down Today?
    My traffic, according to AdSense stats, seems to be a bit down. But possibly AdSense reporting is a bit delayed.

This is sort of a long holiday weekend. Valentine's Day followed by a 3 day govt/bank employee weekend.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

i was down a little yesterday and today.

Mine dropped 50% the last 3 days in a row......typical.....they piss you off only to give you a GREAT day just when you are about to give up and it makes us keep on tolerating their BS. I love how we THINK we are in control of our own success......not with Adsense!

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    .they piss you off only to give you a GREAT day just when you are about to give up and it makes us keep on tolerating their BS. I love how we THINK we are in control of our own success
    So true, and not only for adsense but for affiliate marketing in general
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

oh, i didn't realize you were talking about adsense traffic.. i don't do that, i was just talking in general.

Quote Originally Posted by newestuser
    oh, i didn't realize you were talking about adsense traffic.. i don't do that, i was just talking in general.
    I am talking in general. My AdSense stats are a quick and easy way to monitor traffic, and they allow you to quickly track traffic to specific sites or sections of sites via the channel reporting.
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Do you mean Google SERP traffic? If so that's been solid all year here. Ask is up-and-coming offering nearly as much traffic as Yahoo while Microsoft is a distant 3rd with their horrible update pace. Been seeing some surges in Facebook traffic the past couple days, and both Digg and delicious are a bit slow for me at the moment.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Do you mean Google SERP traffic? If so that's been solid all year here. Ask is up-and-coming offering nearly as much traffic as Yahoo while Microsoft is a distant 3rd with their horrible update pace. Been seeing some surges in Facebook traffic the past couple days, and both Digg and delicious are a bit slow for me at the moment.

- Scott
    Actually, I mean all, including Google SERP traffic. I am inquiring if there is a downturn due to a exterior factor, like in this case, a holiday weekend. For example, on Christmas day, ALL traffic goes down, regardless of source.

Some of my major sources of income/traffic depend on young to middle age women, particularly those with families. (Monday nights, back when MNF used to be on ABC, were always great nights for me!) So I am wondering if the Valentine's weekend activities perhaps took a small bite out of this traffic. It's nice to identify an outside factor, if there is one, before panicking.

I actually did have a falling out of one site in the Google SERPs from #4 to about #25 a week ago, but I have already accounted for that.

I have noticed this past week has been weird across all of my ad campaigns. My CTR's are great but traffic is simply down.

With the stock market there are unseen "market movers" - people making trades so large they move the entire market.

But with SERP and ad traffic how do we account for these strange fluctuations? Maybe people are going into recession mode? Has Google messed something up? Do people just subconsciously move with the herd?

i find any holiday is slow.. .but valentines day on Thursday and Presidents day on monday, maybe some lovebirds are taking an extra-long weekend.

Hi guys

This might be useful to you. Some of you have probably already seen it.

101 ways to build links aka drive traffic

http://www.seobook.com/archives/001792.shtml

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread