Yikes - spike in numbers of inactive products
    Anyone else see their number of inactive products go from ZERO for 2 days in a row to an extremely high number (like over 1500) in the blink of an eye?

I always get very nervous when I have NO inactive products for a couple of days because then it seems the bottom is about to drop out from under me. And yes, now with 1509 inactive products on my hands, I guess I have my work cut out for me.

Or does this mean one or more of my major merchants has a problem with their feed? Hard to tell sometimes!

[off to work I go ]

Added: I'm noticing a pattern here. Most all of the inactive products are coming from Commission Junction merchants AND when I check them from my web pages they actually display fine and are available when I click through. Something must be up with C.J. and I'm holding off till I find out.
    Last edited by joyaz; February 16th, 2008 at 01:38 AM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I started this thread earlier tonight, and then I started building eBags (on CJ) displays with Popshops, and an hour later, all of the products I've added are showing as inactive. They were all available when I started building the shops.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

It does seem to be just CJ merchants ... and all items are showing as unavailable for some totally bizare reason.

Not a good thing to wake up to ... but it did get me awake in a hurry

I have sent an email to support so hopefully they will kick the server soon.

Sue.

Hey, don't redo your shops yet. It looks like the datafeed import that was running tonight has introduced all of the deactivated products. We are working right now to determine exactly what happened and get the situation resolved. I'll post back when I know more.

- Dan

Angel didn't forget his trousers again, did he?

Thanks Dan ... remind me in Vegas that I owe you a few drinks.

Fortunately, Angel's trousers have nothing to do with it this time. Otherwise I might take you up on that offer.

Quick update: I am running some diagnostics to verify and correct all of the data. This is going to take a while. I'm hoping to have everything verified/corrected by morning.

Update:
    There was a CJ import anomaly that ended up marking active products as inactive. The CJ import is being redone but takes longer than other networks because of the way CJ delivers feeds.

The links are still valid and will redirect as they normally do.

Jessie

I'm so glad I read this post before redoing any shops. From zero to 743 inactive overnight is pretty scary!

Beth

Poor Dan must never sleep. He replied to my cry of help at 1:33 AM this morning (meaning I wasn't the only crazy person up working). At least I slept better knowing they were working on the issue.

Thanks, Dan!

EEP - does that explain the Bad Requests that my clients were reporting last night/today? (if so, sorry for the ticket, Jessie)

To answer the original question: as I mentioned in another thread, I find that a bunch of products disappear each week, usually representing mostly 1 or 2 products. (I work primarily with ShareASale merchants.) Last week it was HerbsMD (all products) and Everything Furniture (about 300 out of 400 products); yesterday it was DiscountAnabolics (all but 1 product went inactive).

My usual practice is to email the affiliate manager and support-at-popshops. Then after 1-3 days, if I haven't heard a satisfactory response, I drop the merchants' products.

My numbers keep going up today - from 1509 to 1553 inactive products now - I was hoping the "issue" might have been resolved by now. Since I don't really know what products truly need replacing, I guess I'll just wait it out.

Yep. Mine are about the same - 1537 at last glance. The way I figure it, none of them needs replacing, at least until this verification pass gets completely done. All the displays work and the links are behaving properly though, so I'm keeping my mitts off the shopbuilder for the moment!

The import is still running. Our CJ import is a round-the-clock process and something like this really takes time because it has to be done from scratch. If it were any other network, it would have been solved hours ago, but if you're familiar with CJ's system, you know that you get a single, huge file rather than lots of single files. That makes things much slower.

My understanding is that the import should have completed a cycle by morning.

Jessie

Ok, the dust has finally settled. It took us a while, but the CJ feeds are now back to normal. Your inactive product counts should now be back to normal.

If you think something is still wrong, please send me an email at support@popshops.com and I'll look specifically into your account.

ABW Ambassador
    Those inactive product numbers are looking much better now. Thanks Dan!!

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for all your work Dan.

I was very impressed by the way you and Jessie handled this. No other company that I've been associated with in affiliate marketing has been this good at keep affiliates in the loop. It was very reassuring to know just what was going on and that you were actively engaged in fixing it.

I'm noticing this problem with CSN Stores thru SAS. Even thought the product shows inactive it's still available on the merchants site.
    Not sure what's up with that.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristineM
    I'm noticing this problem with CSN Stores thru SAS. Even thought the product shows inactive it's still available on the merchants site.
    Not sure what's up with that.
    Me too, lots of inactive products show from CSN stores that are actually still available on the merchant site. Been going on for a long time, too. I try to ignore it. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Send me (aka support@popshops.com):

* your user login email
    * the name of a shop that contains some of these products

And I can dive into the actual feed and check it.

Jessie

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread