Last Commissionable Transaction but Zero Stats?
    What does it mean when a merchant has a recent last commissionable transaction (from the 14th) but the stats are still zero?

That merchant stats aren't automatically updated? Slow to update? Manually updated? That the AM is MIA? Server issues? All of the above, none of the above, some combination thereof?

If lag is normal, what's the typical lag time between a transaction and its inclusion in stats?

Some Merchants do not credit your account while a transaction is processing, the transactions show as "pending" sometimes for months. There is no way to know which merchants do this until you have a sale with that merchant and discover a 'hidden' transaction in your account under "Activity Details" These Merchants will never show a reversal rate, even if they have reversals every day.

15 years and counting
    Mr_C - If lag is normal, what's the typical lag time between a transaction and its inclusion in stats?
    It's not real time but it should be less than a week. I noticed the lag, too. I don't think it's a problem.

Those stats are an indicator of the merchant's performance. That there's considerable latency in those numbers would be an important thing to take into consideration when judging whether a merchant is viable. I had assumed up until now that they were automatically and immediately updated.

So when I look at their website and they shouldn't be performing and yet their stats are good, I can now say well maybe the stats are lagging behind a recent site change. Or if there's a sale going on and the stats don't seem to reflect it. Or if there was a recent change to the site and you want to know how that change is impacting sales. Or if you just made a big commish and you know how many clicks you delivered and you're looking at the stats and thinking geez, something isn't adding up here...

Or something. In any case it's good to know.

Maybe there should be a little disclaimer there: "These statistics may be delayed by a week. You might want to check again later."

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread