I can't take credit for this idea. It was originally mentioned a very long time ago by Don Steitz.

The way it could work is very simple. You write up a full webpage about your website and trade with another member doing the same. You host their webpage on your server and they host yours. Each exchange should be roughly the same file size for fairness reasons. You should write up a different page for each exchange that you do to keep the content from being repeated.

The way I see it search engines will eat this right up and it's not like your typical link exchange where your link ends up with dozens of links that have very little value.

I'd be happy to exchange links with nearly any website with any amount of google pr and if anyone else wants to run with this idea go for it. I really think Don was on to something but I never gave it much thought until now.

Goal: to earn one dollar without working for it.

ABW Ambassador
    Let's elaborate some rules and I am with you.
    carneol

I'm with carneol, sounds great. Let me know what you would like...

Fred

"Yo momma's glasses are so thick she can see into the future."

I would suggest the following rules. Please add or modify as appropriate.

1. File sizes should closely match.
    2. Obviously no my site is better than the one you are on stuff.
    3. I would suggest more content rather than sales type spin. Talk about your website not what's on sale.
    4. Each page should be unique for each exchange done in order to keep from repeating info in the search engines.
    5. No banner exchanges or direct affiliate links including images.
    6. No links to any other external site.

I think a direct link from the homepage (ie index.html) to a page of links that point to the traded webpages would be the best way to go.

ABW Ambassador
    Where should the page be hosted? No scripting only simple html. If one violates the rules he should also be totally excluded from all other partners. No popups also not those from isp ( free webspace providers etc.)It can include pics but without links.in it? Should it have metatags in it?
    Should we have a separate topic on this board for it?

carneol

p.s.: I am already working on it.

Are you creating the pages for your own site or for someone else's? Sounds interesting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carneol:
    Where should the page be hosted? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is how i see it. The person who will exchange links with you, hosts your site.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Are you creating the pages for your own site or for someone else's? Sounds interesting.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are creating pages that is leading visitor to your site, like introduction pages for your site.

ABW Ambassador
    As I understood: I create a webpage with a content description on my business and 1 link in it to my website. Then I pass that page over to e.g. Heyder and he integrates that page in his website. In return I get the same from Heyder and do the same as he did. If a lot of people do so the SEs index a lot of linkpopularity to our sites.

carneol

I don't know what to say about things like images and the like. Who should serve them etc. Then again maybe it would be best to just offer a full page of textual content and let the host make the page fit withing their normal layout.

It all comes down to whom you trade with and the rules you both agree to for each exchange.

Anyways, I'll be trying to write up some content pages to experiment with and if anyone is interested I'm game.

ABW Ambassador
    OK Heyder, I pm you on that subject.

carneol

Sounds like a great idea. But, since I don't have any PR to speak of yet, I probably ain't much of a prospect for other people.
    Watch this space...

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder you are invited

carneol

Thanks Carneol,

I'll read it in a moment.

Radegast, one of the things that makes this type of exchange great is the fact that it will produce content which in turn may draw more pr. I'd be happy to work with you or anyone else that can write a good page for it.

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder,
    I thought I should keep the page as simple as possible, but I am open to all your proposals concerning colours, tables or else.

carneol

Thanks Heyder
    I'm certainly interested. It's like a variation on the 'writing articles to submit to newsletters' idea, which I've also been thinking about recently.

[This message was edited by midnightcoder on June 21, 2003 at 04:38 PM.]

I've replied to the PM's. Thanks again carneol, simple is fine with me.

ABW Ambassador
    Links were set up and I am very content on it. Anybody else wants to exchange?
    Thanks again Heyder.

carneol

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

If image serving is a problem at all I can provide a repository where they can be served from for no charge, people could send the images to me I put them on our server and then who ever needs them just sources them from there, likely just an IP number rather than a domain for the image path.

Let me know and I'll set it up

Cheers

chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Why not just hot link to images hosted on your own server? Notice on this promo page the images are served from the clients site. www.ecomcity.com/holdup.htm I guess the URL link should be to your sites highest PR page. I'm surprised the SE's like Google don't recognize their are no hosting domain links tied to these individual pages. Might be more legit and perminent if each webmaster puts a live recprocal link index page on their site and makes a second link on each of these pages to that one.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Chris, that is absolutely awesome that you would offer that.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    No problem, just let me know what/when you need and I'll have it set up and then put a system and email in place for collection of stuff

Cheers

Chris

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread