ROI Tracking by Affiliate Publishers
    Hi,

It seems like any affiliate that does paid search would have this issue, so there should be solutions out there. However, I've not been able to find one, so I am obviously missing something.

My problem is this ---- we generate a portion of our traffic through paid search. However, we’re unable to utilize the conversion tools available in AdWords, etc., because, as you all know, the transaction isn’t consummated on our site, but rather that of our merchant partners.

We're looking at cobbling something together that will get us much closer but I just have this nagging feeling that there has to be something out there for sale that somebody else has already built.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Allan

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hello,

Check out http://www.hexatrack.com currently supports six different affiliate networks. They currently support the following networks Azoogle, Clickbank, Commission Junction, CPA Empire, and ShareaSale. It is currently free to use... ;-)

Watch the video!

Also check out my other favorite tools for PPC.

www.SpyFu.com
    www.KeywordSpy.com
    www.keycompete.com

Hi,

I've used the referring page to determine which service (Google, Yahoo, or MSN) the clickthrough came from, and then dynamically altered the SID on my CJ merchant's link. That way I at least know which service helped generate the lead/sale.

There are also ways to get the services to include the actual keywords used in the search in the final destination URL that gets used. They will append something like ?keywords=xyz to your destination link, and you'll be able to see this in your logs, and should also be able to catch it dynamically for each clickthrough. Yahoo will tack a ?OVRAW=keyword%20keyword etc on to the end of the referring link.

Of course, I may have been wasting my time if the links in Heather's post turn out to give me what I want. Thanks Heather!

ABW Ambassador
    If you do not control the cart, you are $*it out of luck with regard to true ROI tracking.

Most systems are looking at accounts that spend $100,000 per per month and control their cart.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by 212TomTom
    Hi,

I've used the referring page to determine which service (Google, Yahoo, or MSN) the clickthrough came from, and then dynamically altered the SID on my CJ merchant's link. That way I at least know which service helped generate the lead/sale.

There are also ways to get the services to include the actual keywords used in the search in the final destination URL that gets used. They will append something like ?keywords=xyz to your destination link, and you'll be able to see this in your logs, and should also be able to catch it dynamically for each clickthrough. Yahoo will tack a ?OVRAW=keyword%20keyword etc on to the end of the referring link.

Of course, I may have been wasting my time if the links in Heather's post turn out to give me what I want. Thanks Heather!

You are welcome a super aff brought it to my attention, let me know how it works for you..

what do you guys think of this service? anyone using it?

i was always curious about checking out these ROI tracking programs..but i never want to share my info with a 3rd party

http://www.keywordxray.com

One thing I will say about these online apps is be VERY careful about who gets your campaign/keyword data. Stick with the ones that have been around for a while. Otherwise your data can be used to further the campaigns of those companies, their associates, or friends.

-sfcom

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread