This question goes to all merchants selling physical products...

I'm in the process of prepping our new site for launch on October 1st. The products we will be selling via our affiliate program our relatively small (jewelry-sized). My question is, what is the best/least expensive method to generate high quality (example http://www.mondera.com) product images?

Further, is it possible to create those yourself with a relatively small (i.e. less than $400-$500) budget for equipment?

Thanks!

Erik

You tell me..

The below picture was taken with about $150 digital camera and a $20 tripod. It's pictured atop a $5 throw blanket.

And yes, I made it.

--
    "No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there." – Norman Vincent Peale
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

Just an update...

Although I do have a pretty good quality camera (4 mega-pixels) and tripod, etc....no matter how hard I tried I was unable to duplicate the kind of quality I'm looking for (i.e. Mondera) So....

I've been lucky enough to find a product photgrapher via google who not only created the qulaity I'm after, but is doing it for less than $30 per product!

3 month till launch....

ClickBank Super Affiliates - Grab your FREE CB Power Portal - THE most powerful, and customizable ClickBank Portal system on the planet...period. Promote the ENTIRE ClickBank Marketplace via your OWN fully searchable and customizable portal. Get your FREE Lite Version at www.CBPowerPortal.com

I use a cruddy 1 megapixel camera, strong lighting and a large piece of white card, plus a little time to clean it up in PaintShop.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi WebFusion

Nice to know we're a pace setter with images

Our images are all taken by a semi in-house photographer with an SLR plus lighting and so on to bring out the best in each product and then the images are further retouched to add / or remove drop shadows etc in Photoshop in PSD format before being converted to GIF and JPG.

OR

What some of our clients do who use our service is send us PSDs which we clean up and send back in excellent quality.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Hi Chris,

Yep...Mondera's images are great ;-)

Until I get more up to speed with paintshop, it looks like the best route will be using a Pro.

He's cut me a deal slightly better than $28 per product (including all the image manipulation I want), so it doesn't sting too bad

Erik

"...Chance favors the prepared mind..."

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread