I'm looking for advice on starting a Blog and getting people to read it. I'm completely new to blogging and need whatever advice you all have.

Here's the basis and what I'm looking to accomplish. My primary job is a stock analyst and I make market calls. I've been quoted by the media (CNBC, Marketwatch, etc. ) and am looking to build on this very minor celebrity status. My primary goal is not to necesarily make money from the Blog, but to develop a name for myself and then translate that into a new job. Obviously, the Blog would be about the financial markets.

So, how do I get people to start reading my Blog? Also, I need advice about who to use for a Blog host and anything else I should know about running a successful Blog.

Feel free to PM me if you want to take this offline.

ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    23,684 now google owned

Thats the basic and they will host your blog for free. Theres advanced blogging stuff like or but i'm a rookie so i don't know how to do all that stuff. I would put up some content first, then look for other bloggers with similar content and do some link exchanges. But if you're just starting out is good. Also the beta 2.0 Google Toolbar has a Blogger button so you can add a site you're visiting into your blog. Still learning how that works.

Also a fun little read:

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on June 25, 2003 at 08:32 PM.]

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread