Talking Whom Should I meet with at the Summit? 1st timer.
    To All Summit attendees,

This is not meant to encourage people to spam, but If you have a program that is designed to work with newbies/1st timers at the summit can you please let us know. We would love to meet with you! Right now I have no plans to meet anyone, (other than my family when I return) at the summit. Some people have PM me to meet and when I ask them what programs do you have that are designed for newbies? They never get back. Thats fine, I just want to network with the right people.

Merchants, I have met a few 1st timers and would be glad to forward any information that you don't want to post publicly. Or post publicly, just don't break any of the board rules. I'm not sure of the guidelines, but I know that there are some merchant rules.

Newbies/1st timers, if you want to be included in an email list that will self destruct after the summit ends. email me with the subject, "email me, summit stuff" and let me know who you are.

Hoping this works! Let's see.

LincolnAve

http and a telephoto
    Lincoln you can't get pm's. There is a messaging system at the Affiliate summit networking site that you can use to contact merchants to set up meetings. For your first summit if you are a newbie you should probably spend your time at Meet Market doing what it is intended to do... meet people. Just walk around and meet the merchants and talk to them, and if you can't get enough time with them there, arrange for a meeting later in the summit.

Also, you can't get PM's or send them, so I assume you are referring to people emailing you directly. And your offer sounds interesting but you need to realize that until people meet you and get to know you they aren't likely to email you to add them to a list that may or may not self destruct

Getting too regulated and locked into too much in advance won't allow you the ability to enjoy one of the greatest parts of an event like this, spontaneity and hanging out and just getting to know people.

Make a list of who you want to meet, you have the list of attendees available to you and the agenda. Contact some in advance via the Affiliate Summit Social Network or just follow the crowd on Twitter. There will be a publically available twitter stream if you don't want messages going to your phone.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

No Longer Banned!
    No More Connections On Lincoln Ave. ?.....
    Lincoln Ave

You can continue to contact me as much as you wish. I do not require getting to know you before I will talk to you or any one. Quite the opposite. I can tlk to you for hours and never ask you a personal question.

How ever, I do get the sense that many people here are more inclined to require some sort of "relationship" before they will do biz w/ you. I'm uncertain if this is a click or not, though I would not rule it out.

I think over all Loxly is correct. You might wind up doing more meeting and greeting and trying to make a first impression than you will trying to land that big sale or getting one of the greats on ABW to work for you. ~ I just got lucky. He did not care what my name was or who I knew. Schwingggg !!

I want to focus on the classes and the seminars and learning all I can. I promised Haiko I would not let it go to waste. After 8 years this is the very first time I have been around ANY Affiliate marketers at all.

You are doing the right thing I think.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

From my experience at previous summits there are several ways to meet people. Instead of picking a table for breakfast or lunch with a familiar face, pick a table with people you don't know. Any of the roundtable discussions are good for learning what others do and can help you find out who to talk to later. Parties are a wonderful opportunity to meet people.

Personally, you can meet me at Meet Market on Sunday at table 51 for MetroUniforms. I can give you lots of ideas for newbies that work not only for our program but most any program.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

No Longer Banned!
    meet 7 days....
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    From my experience at previous summits there are several ways to meet people. Instead of picking a table for breakfast or lunch with a familiar face, pick a table with people you don't know. Any of the roundtable discussions are good for learning what others do and can help you find out who to talk to later. Parties are a wonderful opportunity to meet people.

Personally, you can meet me at Meet Market on Sunday at table 51 for MetroUniforms. I can give you lots of ideas for newbies that work not only for our program but most any program.
    For me the Summit is all about work so this would be perfect !

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

You guys are are generally Right.
    Thank you both for you input.

One person has contacted me privately. I must say that it does generally reflect the mature nature of the business on this board. I'd figured that a least a few managers on the board had an interest in developing newbie clients or interviewing them/me.

It seems ironic, but true that people will want to speak to me at the Summit where they had to pay a good chunk of change, rather than take the time now to build a relationship (free) that could grow further at the summit.

Maybe I'll turn the tables, print up some fliers and hand them back to the people at the table.

Again thanks for the input.

LincolnAve

Thanks for the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days

I will certainly stop by "Area 51" and be taking notes.

LincolnAve

Hi LincolnAve

I will be happy to meet with you.
    You can check my bio at the networking section.

Cya
    Shay

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar

Ron, I kid you every chance I get, but FYI, you're a true professional, and an asset to the industry

(of course, you didn't hear that from me )

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Last chance!!

There's still a lot of first timers I haven't said hi to - please drag me away from Donuts!!!

sfcom, knight, lost, etc

i'm easy to spot. i'll be wearing the black staff t-shirt, topped with a nice flamingo shirt from Connie, a camera ...

i have no more chocolate body paint, but I have an "All Access Press Pass". Say hi and I can show you the restricted BACK SIDES of the booths!!! How cool is that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Last chance!!

There's still a lot of first timers I haven't said hi to - please drag me away from Donuts!!!

sfcom, knight, lost, etc

i'm easy to spot. i'll be wearing the black staff t-shirt, topped with a nice flamingo shirt from Connie, a camera ...

i have no more chocolate body paint, but I have an "All Access Press Pass". Say hi and I can show you the restricted BACK SIDES of the booths!!! How cool is that!!
    Would have loved to meet up with you, BK. Unfortunately I am not at this show, but will be attending AS-E in Boston. Are you going to be there also?

-sfcom

Wow, the words nice and Connie coming from Billy Kay in one sentence. I think I am in shock!

Say hi and I can show you the restricted BACK SIDES of the booths!!! How cool is that!!
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Ron, I kid you every chance I get, but FYI, you're a true professional, and an asset to the industry

(of course, you didn't hear that from me )
    Ah, shucks, thanks Billy!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Would have loved to meet up with you, BK. Unfortunately I am not at this show, but will be attending AS-E in Boston. Are you going to be there also?

-sfcom"

sfcom,

The plan is to drive up to AS-E '08. So, I have put you in my calendar to meet you there then.

LinoclnAve

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread