Hi All

I'm very new to all this affiliate marketing and I'm a photographer by trade so I'd like to find a merchant that sells camera equipment to promote on my web site, any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Bolvar

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

Some one help Bolvar if you can please, he's a very good friend of mine, has a couple of Time front covers under his belt and is looking to make some pocket money between assignments

I checked out a number of places but none that have E-Com have Aff programs....

Thanks

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Hi, Bolvar:

Are you mainly interested in selling digital SLR's and the like, or film camera equipment?

I gave a quick look at CJ's list of vendors, and nothing popped out at me when filtering using keywords such as "camera" or "film" or similar terms.

A quick check of B&H Photo's website didn't turn up any affiliate program that I could see.

If you're interested in selling digital still cameras and equipment, buy.com used to carry a fair amount of that.

They do have an affiliate setup, here's their page discussing it:

http://www.buy.com/corp/affiliate_b2c.asp?loc=13895

Don't know if their aff. program is any good, but others here probably will.

-- Mike

I haven't checked into that area in a long time, but the last time I updated a page to sell digital cameras, I gave the links to Amazon ( ).

Yeh, that's right, ceiling, quarterly payment and all. Uh-huh. Hope someone can give you a better lead.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

ABW Ambassador
    There is Ritz Cameras at BeFree, but only offer 2% commission.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Like GSI did with sporting goods merchants the merchant aggregrators have captured the camera folks. Most all of them are parasite infested and Ritz in 3 years only converted 1 shopper for my camera shop.

Go with the cameras at TigerDirect and Computer Geeks at Befree. Overstock who is in the dog house also sells them. I just don't think Buy.com is the answer either.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Amazon.com

See, at 5%, I only have to sell a $200 item to make my $10.

At 2%, I have to sell $500 worth of merchandise.

So how often you grit your teeth about that $10 ceiling will depend on how often you see a $500+ camera getting moved.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Cameras are the number one only if category for affiliates.

I had an excellent website that sold quite a few cameras every week. The merchant started to suck and I couldn't find a replacement. So I had to give it up. That really sucks because I miss those 50 dollar commissions even if it was only 2%.

I would love to find a 5% or better honest camera merchant. We could make a killing.

Goal: to earn one dollar without working for it.

Well I invited this camera site to ABW and pressed them to affiliate enable their site.

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Don't forget about Tiger Direct - at least for Digital Cameras. They have quite the selection.

For film cameras, you're probably limited to Amazon. Ritz/Wolf Camera may still have an affiliate program, but from what I understand, they don't convert at all and seem to move their affiliate program from one network to another almost monthly it seems.

Jim

I push TD digital cameras and they sell.

Mike & Charlie ...

Camera sites sound like great candidates for Google's AdSense. If there's no decent aff prog around, then let people leave through a paying ppc link instead:

http://www.google.com/adsense/

Though looking at Google (albeit through a European IP address so I won't see some ads) there aren't too many paying advertisers in that field.

Is there something about selling cameras that makes online marketing too expensive?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, good point! I'm using Google AdSense on some of my digital photo pages. With the lack of good camera merchants that have affiliate programs (other than Tiger for digital cameras), AdSense is a good way to pick up some "pocket change".

Jim

Adorama let's you play for 3%.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Guys

Thanks for the all the excellent feedback, I just need to kick Bolvar to login more than once a year to read the thread.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

B&H Photo does have a program...
    I have a sample feed from them...waiting for more information from them...will send contact info when I get it from my client (I am a consultant who helps companies with getting feeds onto their site)

Wow, this thread is over 2 years old... It's still a very valid topic and I'm curious to hear what programs people have been using to sell digital cameras lately? A lot of the merchants mentioned here are still top choices for digital cameras: Buy.com, Amazon, Ritz, TigerDirect, and Overstock. Anything else to add from the past 2 years?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I used to sell a lot of digital cameras from TigerDirect before they canned me without cause. I replaced them with ComputerGeek's offerings but never sold a camera through them. Don't you just love sending FREE traffic to their e-mail system on closeouts and purposeful product SKU # changes.

Looks like The Geeks better get an immediate GoldenCan feed going or they'll get nothing but banner Ads from me to overcome the OOS leaks. Now with GoldenCan I at least get some Overstock Camera sales. No luck ever with Ritz or their other GSI camera merchant. Now some clicks go to CompUSA and J&R Music World without any action. Does Vanns offer discounted cameras as they track sales?

Want a real camera sales joke... try Walmart. Even their DRM's aren't updated and land on ... Product Not Found!
    We're sorry, but the item you are looking for cannot be found.
    Please use either our search tool, or browse the virtual aisles by clicking on a department icon above. Thanks again for visiting Walmart.com!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I think another joke is Target. I've tried to use their datafeed numerous times and every time I look at it I see tons of out of stock products. It's been like this for over a year in my experience and I've more or less given up on it. Unless they can get those out of stock items out of the feed, I won't use it.

As for digital cameras, I've noticed that the no-name, low price cameras sell the best. I'd like to sell more of the name brand items, but the competition for selling those is through the roof.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Now that Amazon has removed their $10 cap (still a $25 cap on computer stuff though) and expanded their inventory, their commission structure on camera stuff is pretty good and often results in add-on sales like photo how-to books.
    Also, I've been promoting smugmug.com (I also host my semi-pro art collection there) and getting a few sales per month.
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread