No Longer Banned!
    Who Actually sends the Acceptance Rejection Notes ?....
    Hi

More accurately: who does the person that sends out the programme acceptance/ rejection notices actually work for ?

The Net work or the Merchant ?

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It depends (isn't that always nice to read? ) on the network and the merchant in question. The AM is usually responsible, so the question is who hired the AM...

Performics--usually they run their merchants' programs, so if it's Perf it probably came from the network.
    CJ--Usually the merchant runs their own program, or has an OPM. BUT...CJ also offers management, so occasionally there's a program they're running.
    SAS--Same as CJ on this.
    LS--I know some of their programs are run by OPMs, but I don't know about the rest. I'd be surprised if they didn't offer management service, since all the others do, but I'm not sure how many merchants would accept it.

The default WORDING of the rejection notice is usually set by the network. But actually doing the rejecting (which is what triggers it to be sent) is up to whoever's managing the particular program.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    For LS, there is a default noticed but the merchant can update it. Which makes sense.

No Longer Banned!
    Acceptance/ Rejection Notices....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader

The default WORDING of the rejection notice is usually set by the network. But actually doing the rejecting (which is what triggers it to be sent) is up to whoever's managing the particular program.
    Leader

I am attempting to learn if it is one person that is writing these notes. If yes, then I have one person to speak with. If no, Then I need to get a means to speak to one person.

The person writing the letter is important at this point. How do I track him down with out tag team email ?

BTW: Thank you for your insight Leader.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

No Longer Banned!
    Link Share Hides Behind A form Letter....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    For LS, there is a default noticed but the merchant can update it. Which makes sense.
    Eric

Awesome. Who is physically sending those LS notes ? The LS guy ?

Steve

whom ever is managing the program is sending you the note

No Longer Banned!
    Affiliate Managers Available For A Finders Fee ?.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    whom ever is managing the program is sending you the note
    Rolet

OK. So I'm asking the wrong question. This is good. Hmmmm.....

Try it like this. Is there a single person at the net work that I can contact that will help me work around a dozen automated emails ? Generally speaking, I'm attempting to not respond to an auto response that will only trigger an auto response. ~ Did I say that right ?? \ I am looking to find that person.

Steve

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Eric

Awesome. Who is physically sending those LS notes ? The LS guy ?

Steve
    it is coming from the LS server.
    There is no physical notice except for an email.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    I would assume that if the merchant or opm did not compose a rejection letter that the wording would be a default set by the network. However, I know that on SaS we write our own letters and generally we contact the applicant to seek other alternatives etc.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

No Longer Banned!
    Network Absence ?.....
    Hi !

Thanks Every One !

I'm thinking that there must be a single point of contact to resolve said issues. I am trying to determain how to find that person.

For example if you paid a taxi and the driver dropped you off at the wrong train station, you would simply call dispatch and they will come to get you and drop you at the correct station.

I am hoping to determain if such person exists at the networks and how to contact them.

Steve

No Longer Banned!
    Single Point of contact ?.....
    Hi !

I think I found Him. Though I'm not sure about how it will turn out.

Thanks every one.

Steve

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    I would assume that if the merchant or opm did not compose a rejection letter that the wording would be a default set by the network. However, I know that on SaS we write our own letters and generally we contact the applicant to seek other alternatives etc.
    I've only had to reject a couple of affs...now I'm wondering if SAS sent the last one I un-approved a blank email, because I didn't compose a custom one! I just figured he'd get some default boilerplate, which was fine with me...
    Last edited by Leader; February 22nd, 2008 at 04:35 AM.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

No Longer Banned!
    Abandoned Thread....
    Hi !

I just got a mail from the network and he let me know that the net work is the one that does the accepting and declining on these and basically then tells you to contact the merchant directly who then ignores you.

There is a solution here. I just dunno what it is.

Some how I think This is the time to take a step back and figure that I'm not going to necessarily find an answer here.

Abandoned.

Steve

No Longer Banned!
    The Network Mary Go Round.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Hi !

I just got a mail from the network and he let me know that the net work is the one that does the accepting and declining on these and basically then tells you to contact the merchant directly who then ignores you.

There is a solution here. I just dunno what it is.

Some how I think This is the time to take a step back and figure that I'm not going to necessarily find an answer here.

Abandoned.

Steve
    UPDATE:

This seems to be a relationship issue with the network people. If they don't "know" you they are not going to answer you. Or at least not give you any straight answers.

Additionally, these guys keep sending back fluffy emails with no real answers in them. Just more fluff.

If anyone comes across this issue, it is best to try a different approach I guess, cuz this is not likely to go anywhere.

I'd say to try to find the merchants phone # in google and call them directly as opposed to going through the network. I'll try to update this later on.

No replies Required:

Steve

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Hi Steve,

Any time you receive any type of communication regarding a program that you wish to discuss, you need to be able to identify and contact the person running the program. If the issue is that you feel you have been unfairly rejected from their program, often times a short 1:1 chat w/ the affiliate manager will help clear things up and resolve the matter.

However if the program is run and managed by the network and has no one running it on the merchant side, and contacts to both network and merchant get you nowhere, perhaps I might be so bold in suggesting that this program may not be for you. Do you really want to work with any merchant's program when you can't even figure out WHO runs the program, don't have a name or any specific contact info to go by, and whereby no one gets back to you personally regarding your inquiries? In my experience the best bet is to work w/ programs you feel you can trust. It's hard to trust anything when you don't have even a name and phone number or any type of related direct info to work with.

If you really feel strongly that this merchant is something you want to promote and you feel like helping them out a bit as well as yourself, why not contact the merchant directly via whatever numbers they've got listed to their website, and ask to speak to the Affiliate Manager, and failing that, ask for the Director of Marketing to determine who is running the program. Let them know you've been at a loss for determining WHO is running their program, and that as it stands you're having a difficult time trying to do THEM a favour by promoting them. Sometimes the merchant just needs a wake up call to realize that the network isn't really "managing" the program the way it should be managed, to prompt them into putting someone live in charge of handling inquiries like yours. Of course this may not be the case but if it is, it's a good idea to let the merchant know. Merchants still quite often don't have a lot of info on what constitutes a "good" affiliate program, so they may have absolutely no idea what is going on or why handling inquiries this way is not ideal.

Alternatively, if the program is being run on auto-pilot as we say, with no one actively "running" it, the merchant may need the push to realize that it needs to have someone actively running it, as they are closing the door on opportunity by either only auto-replying to inquiries or just ignoring affiliates entirely.

Finally, if you've decided you want to promote products in their vertical but you're not pleased with how the merchant (or its paid managers) run things, you can always do searches for other merchants who sell same/similar products and who may have a better business ethic when it comes to affiliate program management. Most merchants are not so unique that no one else sells their product or anything like it - though of course there are exceptions to that rule.

Good luck!

No Longer Banned!
    If you Ain't In It To Make Change, Why Lie ?....
    Quote Originally Posted by e-Gazer
    Hi Steve,

Any time you receive any type of communication regarding a program that you wish to discuss, you need to be able to identify and contact the person running the program. If the issue is that you feel you have been unfairly rejected from their program, often times a short 1:1 chat w/ the affiliate manager will help clear things up and resolve the matter.

However if the program is run and managed by the network and has no one running it on the merchant side, and contacts to both network and merchant get you nowhere, perhaps I might be so bold in suggesting that this program may not be for you. Do you really want to work with any merchant's program when you can't even figure out WHO runs the program, don't have a name or any specific contact info to go by, and whereby no one gets back to you personally regarding your inquiries? In my experience the best bet is to work w/ programs you feel you can trust. It's hard to trust anything when you don't have even a name and phone number or any type of related direct info to work with.

If you really feel strongly that this merchant is something you want to promote and you feel like helping them out a bit as well as yourself, why not contact the merchant directly via whatever numbers they've got listed to their website, and ask to speak to the Affiliate Manager, and failing that, ask for the Director of Marketing to determine who is running the program. Let them know you've been at a loss for determining WHO is running their program, and that as it stands you're having a difficult time trying to do THEM a favour by promoting them. Sometimes the merchant just needs a wake up call to realize that the network isn't really "managing" the program the way it should be managed, to prompt them into putting someone live in charge of handling inquiries like yours. Of course this may not be the case but if it is, it's a good idea to let the merchant know. Merchants still quite often don't have a lot of info on what constitutes a "good" affiliate program, so they may have absolutely no idea what is going on or why handling inquiries this way is not ideal.

Alternatively, if the program is being run on auto-pilot as we say, with no one actively "running" it, the merchant may need the push to realize that it needs to have someone actively running it, as they are closing the door on opportunity by either only auto-replying to inquiries or just ignoring affiliates entirely.

Finally, if you've decided you want to promote products in their vertical but you're not pleased with how the merchant (or its paid managers) run things, you can always do searches for other merchants who sell same/similar products and who may have a better business ethic when it comes to affiliate program management. Most merchants are not so unique that no one else sells their product or anything like it - though of course there are exceptions to that rule.

Good luck!
    Gazer

Trust is not an issue. I can't understand piss poor service. No one wants to get off they ass and do something. Also, there is no responsibility here.

I suspect this is due to me needing to "earn it" and "pay [my] dues" and all that crap.

Honestly, I don't need them or the stuff they're selling, I just need the link layout for the minute. After that, I will dump these jokers.

I stood at this guys table and I basically felt that he wanted to get rid of me cuz I was running off his table traffic while i told him what's up. I have no hope this guy will do jack .....

Haiko speaks well of these people, and maybe my experience is a off handed one. Still this is crap and there is absolutely no excuse for this and I told Mike this on the phone.

Makes me wonder why these guys even bothered lying and saying that they were in business.

I will do some more changes and keep you posted ma'am....

Steve

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread