Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    How many coupons
    I would like to get your opinions of how many coupons an affiliate would like to chose from.

We usually put out 20-25 coupons the beginning of the month, is that enough?

We can develop as many as 100 but don't think anysite would post that many.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

They probably wouldn't post 100 unless somehow they used an automated database.

Most coupon sites have many merchants and it would be hard to keep up with 100 coupons from each merchant every month.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    I would like to get your opinions of how many coupons an affiliate would like to chose from.

We usually put out 20-25 coupons the beginning of the month, is that enough?

We can develop as many as 100 but don't think anysite would post that many.
    I'd rather have one or a few that's good for everything.

Michael Coley gives some excellent advice in the following two posts: (1) on the 3 promotions that work best and (2) on the types of coupons to have.

I personally think even 25 coupons are too many (unless half of them are private coupons). I'd say balance it somewhere between 5 and 8.

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    If you are looking at SEO and adding more exposure for your coupons on an affiliate page I would say a maximum of 12, but generally from tests I've done and seen from others adding them 4-8 is good enough and all you might need for any program. It's also the wording and type of coupon link added that will make the customer click-through too which is what you may want and not really how many coupons an affiliate has on the page.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    All great answers here Bob, I concur with them all.

20 is too many. I hate specific coupons, make them broad %off or $off$ ones, then I can promote the products that my users will buy rather than being forced to promote the 20-25 you pick that won't sell as good on my site.
    I know my users better than anyone else, so please make my coupons broad, so I can pick to promote what will sell!

Lightbulb
    I'd like to see the availability of dynamically refreshed coupons in a range of several sizes. I'm not lazy; just too busy to keep changing code on short notice.

Good point! Dynamically renewing creatives (banners, coupons, widgets, etc) always win.

Geno

If you post too many, most affiliates won't list any.

Also, consider staggering coupons that hit different price points, rather than starting everything on the first of the month. Longer term coupons will have more appeal to most, but a few really good short term ones will work wonders with your coupon affiliates.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Even if affs do post them, some consumers won't read through the details of 30+ coupons. Think about your goals - too many coupons is counter to them.

And don't let your AM miss a month and have no coupons in effect for the whole month of January for example... sometimes, it's a good idea to have a long termer to back yourself up that way.

Bob, I know you've got tons and tons of products - so maybe category (versus product) coupons could help you reduce the count while still motivating shoppers, perhaps even better motivating them. Something like "orders over $40 that contain any dog products, get one free chew bone" kinda thing. Your cart might make that hard, but I bet you've got a programmer that can make it happen.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I would think 3-4 would be the max. If not, you are over loading affiliates and their surfers with too much info

3 general coupons is enough.
    $ off
    % off
    Free Shipping

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread