Has anyone tried Google AdSense? What do you think? The targeted text idea looks good, but payment is a mystery (even the percentage is undisclosed) and they have a $100 minimum for cutting you a check:

"The AdWords ads you are able to display on your content pages are cost-per-click (CPC) ads. This means that advertisers pay only when users click on ads. You'll receive a portion of the amount paid for clicks on AdWords ads on your website. Although we don't disclose the exact revenue share, our goal is to enable publishers to make as much or more than they could with other advertising networks. We'll send you a check in US dollars for your account balance each month that your earnings amount to $100."

Selma

ABW Ambassador
    I set them up on some forums on a content site of ours. They depth of their pool to pull contextually correct advertising is amazing.

The forums traditionally had poor conversion for banner ads, these seem to convert quite well and will probably make the min early this week (About 7 days of running them). They payout differs wildly, but it works out to about .60 cpm. We mix them with other banners, but will probably move to use them 90% of the time if this continues.

The ads matching the content is funny to watch. Some make sense in the way only a computer could understand word usage. Others are so dead on it is scary. Of course the real power is not google's matching ability, but advertisers knowing the correct words for their product.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Definitely a nice thing to put in your content pages. Only had a few clicks so far, but the ads are quite targeted (although some are indeed a mystery!). At a minimum, beats the heck out of banner ads - at least for my site.

Jim

They sure look interesting, it would be nice if you could feed any revenue into your AdWords account though

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

Seems almost too good to be true after first few days. Clickthrough rates of about 0.7%- and it looks like I'm averaging 20c per click. And that's just my slice - are adwords really that expensive these days?

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

It's been a godsend for our large (4000+) article archive, which is now becoming (for the first time) a direct source of revenue, to the tune of about $50-$60 a day ;-)

Erik

Same experience as Crazyguy, definately good for the content pages.

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone notice a problem with their pages not loading, or being very slow to load, using AdSense?

FreeCallz.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    FYI,

I'm anxious to hear how everyone is doing but BE CAREFUL. I think you may be violating Google's TOS.

"Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) ... (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to you by Google.

Not trying to squelch the thread just an FYI.

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing 5 Star Affiliate Programs: DentalPlans|zZounds|Irv's Luggage|Roadloans

For the record, I'm going through my sites nd pages, and any merchant with a poor equivalent EPC gets a brand new AdSense ad for company. It's working for me.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread