Smile New features in PopShops - Search is in!
    Hi all,

We (thanks Dan!) have released a few features. If you find any bugs or have any issues with any of these PLEASE email Dan and me directly at support@popshops.com (instead of posting here) so we can jump on them immediately.

If your favorite wishlist item isn't on this list, rest assured that we have heard you. I know pagination is high on the priority list. In addition folders, the ability to set preferences for multiple shops at once, etc are on the list.

In addition to these features, you can now subscribe to our New Merchant RSS feed.

New features for styles (Basic, Pro, & Enterprise)

* In styles you can now pick the background color of your shop.
    * In styles you can add nofollow to your URLs
    * In styles you can designate how many maximum characters in your descriptions

Add a search box to your shops (Enterprise)
    * Click into preferences and you can add a search box so your customers can search all the merchants in your shop.

Custom Link Redirection (Enterprise)
    You can have links point to your own domain. So, instead of the redirects looking like this: http://r.popshops.com they have your domain URL.

AutoFeed improvements (Pro & Enterprise)
    You can now choose Broad (like it currently works) or Narrow results.
    * Broad matches ANY keyword you use with ANY merchant you have in your shop.
    * Narrow uses only EXACTLY your search criteria

Shop status RSS (Enterprise)
    * You can get details of all of your shops via RSS, XML, or CSV. The XML and CSV files contain the keys so that you can enter them into third party tools like Web Merge and your manage your sites that way.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Great new additions - Thanks, Jessie.

As I was working this morning fixing some new shops I "finished" real late last night, this question came to mind: If I go back to make a style change in an existing shop, but do not change the products, put that code on a webpage, but decide the prior look was better, and put the original code that I had saved back on the page, will this cause any problems, like tracking for example, if I leave the modified shop as is on the PS interface, or do I absolutely have to go back into the shop and change it back?

Thanks again.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Just to clarify -- "search" is only available for end-user searches within an exisiting shop; we still can't define a shop based on a search term and list of merchants?

Is there a demo somewhere so I can see how these features work?

Also - is there any way to "fix" the default settings, so I don't need to manually make the same modifications to every single shop I define? If I upgrade to Enterprise and make use of some of these new features, then just "configuring" each shop (without selecting products) will take 8 to 10 steps -- and currently, there is no way to see which settings are applicable to each shop except to manually view and edit each shop.

AffiliateHound,
    If you change a style, you don't need to copy and paste any code unless you are using HTML (which is not dynamic). It's possible I'm not understanding the question completely. Nothing is affected (tracking, etc).

Jessie

Mark,
    I don't have a demo for you yet, but I can try and have one for you. I'll see how hard a "make this my default" check box would be. I have wanted to do that for some time.

As you know we have limited dev resources and some things are simpler to do than others.

Jessie

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Jessie!

I'm feeling so dense - where do I change shop background color?

put the original code that I had saved back on the page, will this cause any problems, like tracking for example, if I leave the modified shop as is on the PS interface, or do I absolutely have to go back into the shop and change it back?
    The original code is quite likely the same as the new code except for HTML. When you update the look in PopShops, it updates immediately on your site unless the snippet on your site is quite old - so putting back the 'old code' won't change the look until you revert it back in PopShops.
    Again, that does not apply to HTML snippets and 'old' code of any kind; I have not been able to find any old code but yours may qualify (?) just take a look at the page and you'll know.

Caseyfern,
    The background color choice is just below the image width slider toward the bottom of the pop-up pagelet where you edit your styles. It isn't marked clearly but you'll see a little square and when you click it a color picker box opens up.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread