ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business

Couple of interesting things i didn't know about.

"Coppins said some members of uPromise complained that they weren't receiving credit for college contributions. He said, "On the extreme were the music download sites that were very invasive. They were breaking our links, and we didn't receive our commission, and our members didn't get their college contributions."

"Jeff Molander, a Chicago consultant, who works with AffTrack and was one of the founders of Performics, said because of AffTrack's unique position in working with all the major companies, it was able to pull off the summit. "

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting flashback that likely shows some of the hidden agenda in why the networks met and the COC was "really formed".

I find it interesting that the opening paragraph is
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>That rebate, bonus points or contribution to a college fund you're expecting in exchange for an online purchase might end up being diverted into someone else's pocket.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Imagine that poor parasite having another parasite stealing from them and it effecting somesones college education! Oh My right!

Be like an IPInsight and infringe on another parasite and you're pretty quickly booted. Be a parasite and infringe on a regular affiliate - NO PROBLEM!

I don't know how you interpret this but, it makes me feel like COC enforcement is at best "very inconsistant". It makes me wonder just who was the COC really written to protect?

Seeing where we are today with parasites still in full swing and them allowed to interfere with our links on a merchants site, the answer seems clear.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread