Instant shotdown by shoes-related merchants :(
    I tried to apply to zappos, shoes.com, shoemall, famouse footwear, etc, but they all shot me down instantly. My website (cash back for shopping online merchants) is new though, I am wondering if there is a way to get their approval??

Lightbulb
    I'd write to each AM explaining what I'm doing and sending the URL. Chances are the refusal was automatic based on lack of history or sales.

Tax Paying Member
    Is your site a working site yet? It is difficult to get approval when you show an under construction site unless you have an established track record. You must sell yourself and your abilities.

Also, I am curious.....are you just getting turned down for shoe merchants or do others follow the same pattern.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

well, my site is up and running, although I am still trying to add extra features. The website is functioning in the way it is suppose to be. Outsiders cannot tell whether it is still under minor development.

I will write to them.

thanks for the advice.

I wrote to several merchants at CJ. Some of them approved my application but others won't approve it. Zappos replied as below:

We currently do not accept sites that have coupon/deals/discounts for
    branding purposes. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

But lots of deals sites like FW, SD, etc have been affiliated with zappos, I wonder why they don't approve my application.

Quote Originally Posted by dealpigg
    We currently do not accept sites
    Just because they currently don't accept the sites, doesn't mean that in the past that they didn't accept them.

They have all current publishers listing incentives as auto-declined.

i saw your other thread.. I think your domain is in question. Some does not like to be associated with your domain.

Honestly.. I don't care what domain you use. Not sure what the merchants think.
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Quote Originally Posted by ske9963
    i saw your other thread.. I think your domain is in question. Some does not like to be associated with your domain.
    That's a reason for being manually declined, but not auto-declined.

Quote Originally Posted by ske9963

Honestly.. I don't care what domain you use. Not sure what the merchants think.
    do you really think my domain that has pigg sounds really that bad?? I thought pigg sounds cute to most people.

If I were you, I wouldn't be concerned about being declined by merchant A or merchant B. Your efforts right now should be focused on building/refining your site instead of forum posting to find out our opinions on why you were declined. Get your sales going and then you will have a track record.

Give it 6 months or a year and then if you want to reapply, do so. This way you will have numbers to show that your site is something something special. They will be begging you to be on and not the other way around. Doesn't that sound more fun?

-sfcom

I got turned down by lots of merchants about a year ago, finally one accepted me ...

I sold over $200,000 worth of their stock in december. Now i've received emails from some of the people who turned me down asking if i would like to be an affiliate for them.. I am so glad i kept all the rejection emails as It felt really good pointing out that they turned me down and they could stick their affiliate program where the sun doesn't shine!!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread