Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    What's the Deal with Blockbuster?
    So I get a solicitation from DCPfx for a new Blockbuster program:

Dear xxxx,

DoubleClick Performics is excited to announce that Blockbuster Online is re-launching their affiliate program! Take this opportunity to promote Blockbuster’s Total Access and earn high commissions! Below are the program specifics.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

John - Blockbuster Online Affiliate Program Manager at DoubleClick Performics
    So I log in and apply. Then I get this email response:
    To xxxxxx,

Thank your for your interest in working with Blockbuster Online. The Blockbuster Online affiliate program is currently paused. We will update all publishers should the program re-launch and you may apply at that time.

Thank you for your participation in the DoubleClick Performics Affiliate Network.

If you have questions or comments, please contact affiliate at performics dot com.

Sincerely,
    Performics Affiliate Program...powered by ConnectCommerce
    What gives?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Mine was a little different, not sure if you were with them before? But with mine I had to reply to the email and my response was my agreement to the new terms and conditions. Upon receipt they review my application.

It's Friday....
    This must be a "Hurry up, it's Friday and I want to get out of here" email..

An email, asking people to sign up for the program, but no link is included in the email.

Then, you go to Performics, look for Blockbuster, and find nothing..

Whomever is responsible for this should be severely reprimanded. It looks extremely bad for Performics and Blockbuster. It might even cause a super-affiliate to decide against joining an ineptly run program..

Quote Originally Posted by Code Monkey
    This must be a "Hurry up, it's Friday and I want to get out of here" email..

An email, asking people to sign up for the program, but no link is included in the email.

Then, you go to Performics, look for Blockbuster, and find nothing..

Whomever is responsible for this should be severely reprimanded. It looks extremely bad for Performics and Blockbuster. It might even cause a super-affiliate to decide against joining an ineptly run program..
    I looked at the email, too - but then thought I'd also check elsewhere. The $15 cash back at eBates doesn't help either...or the $5 bonus on top of that.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Just looked at the blockbuster site, and their affiliate program page shows CJ and not Performics as their only network
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    The language in the[system-generated] email has since been updated, seeing that the Blockbuster program has now been re-launched in the DoubleClick Performics network. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

I guess they also re-launched my application as they now tell me I'm in the program.

Note that the Performics BB program pays a 10% higher commission than the CJ program.

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    You can find the blockbuster program with buy.at
    It's $38 per valid subscription!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread