Getting organized
    I'm still getting my feet wet with popshops and working out my methods. I find myself applying to piles of merchants from all the networks so I can pull a unique cross section of them for each niche. Then there is the period of waiting and trying to remember which ones have gone active or not.

Checking the landing pages helps, but boy it sure would be nice to have some way of displaying my active merchants only! Or maybe greying out my inactive merchants. The status could be set manually by me, or if possible popshops could autodetect? Removing the worry of this bit of busy work would clear a lot of the fog that already exists when learning a new program.

Oh, and I would love to see some categorization for shops and seo rules etc, though as another member suggested, using naming conventions does help to sort the list.

Isn't that what filters are for? Have you created a filter JUST for your merchants? Or various filters for different niches or different websites?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm having similar "issues." Popshops has opened up a whole new world of possibilities and I've had to resort to using one notebook computer for webpage creation and one for checking which merchants I'm a member of and what products I want to include from which sites. The filters are helping though.

But isn't this a wonderful problem!

In about a week, a whole new way of merchandising has opened up. I'm working on the best way to organize it and market it now. But seriously isn't it fun focusing on marketing and not link creation.

I'm having a hard time quitting work, it's so much fun...and I'm losing a lot of sleep. Ideas on how to integrate this stuff keep coming and I get very excited!
    Last edited by Aunt Lily; February 23rd, 2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Thoughts keep coming

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    You said a mouthfull, Aunt Lily.

I cannot believe that I joined Popsops last March, looked around and did some experimenting, but then NEVER USED IT until THIS MONTH!!

what a waste of 11 months.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    You said a mouthfull, Aunt Lily.

I cannot believe that I joined Popsops last March, looked around and did some experimenting, but then NEVER USED IT until THIS MONTH!!

what a waste of 11 months.
    It's easy to get distracted in this business, happens to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by joyaz
    Isn't that what filters are for? Have you created a filter JUST for your merchants? Or various filters for different niches or different websites?
    Thanks for the tip about the filters...this will be a huge time saver

Beth

Took me a couple hours, but I have my merchants all entered in a filter now. I still have an issue with tracking which websites I'm approved for with each program at linkconnect. I may do another filter for that if it gets aggravating enough. Is there a way to copy an existing filter to edit it? Hmm, but then I would have to edit all those again if I added a merchant. Best way would be if I could have multiple filters on at once.

I add the new merchant to the My Stuff filter as soon as I get approval, then set up filters for the niches, then even for just the one merchant - at least until I get a feeling for how intensive the product use will be. That way I can move between merchants rapidly, keeping the same search term active.

I would like to be able to have a reverse filter. There are a few merchants that I don't want to work with and would like to be able to exclude them. Yes ... I could create a filter with all others but that would take forever and then I wouldn't see new merchants as they appear.

Sue.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread