How to put movies on your site
    OK, don't laugh. I am sure everyone already knew this but me.

Well, I will post it just in case, anyway. I haven't tested it in IE but it works fine in firefox. Of course, you can change the display size of the video or change "true" to "false" if you don't want it to start when the page loads. For this, the movies need to be ".wmv". Hey, one less step in making them.

Just paste the following where you want the code to show up on your page and give the correct path to your movie in both places indicated in the code.

Some problems are so simple after you already know the answer!

<object id="MediaPlayer" width="425" height="355"
    classid="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
    standby="Loading Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject"
    codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112">
    <param name="filename"
    value="http://yourdomain.com/yourmovie.wmv">
    <param name="Showcontrols" value="True">
    <param name="autoStart" value="True"><embed type="application/x-mplayer2"
    src="http://yourdomain.com/yourmovie.wmv"
    name="MediaPlayer" width="425" height="355">
    </object>
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

"OK, don't laugh. I am sure everyone already knew this but me."

ok, I won't laugh. ummm nope, didn't already know it.
    Only little video type thingies I've got on my site are those that were made up already by the affilate managers.....so definitely wouldn't laugh at ya.

I can't laugh, either. A couple of my sites are just begging for some video - so I plan to try out that little script thingy when I get home. I recently bought a FLIP video camera and plan to begin exploring with those files. Thanks for posting.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

FlowPlayer looks very promising as well.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Quote Originally Posted by jrrl
    FlowPlayer looks very promising as well.
    Yeah, I looked at that. But, to me the instructions were sort of, well missing. And, then, you must convert your movies to .flv as I remember. Actually, I think that may make for better download time. But, I unzipped all those files and hadn't a clue what to do with them. They did give the code to past on the page, however. Of course they wanted a link back and wanted people to be able to download FlowPlayer from your page if you use it. I guess, that would be OK if it made the page load faster.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread