Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello, my name is Haiko de Poel, Jr. and I am NOT a Spammer as some people have been kind enough of reporting me as. I run a clean operation based on integrity and no nonsense. If you have a problem with me doing that then please post it here, email me or pick up the phone and call me (718) 591-4751, don't sign up for my board (un der multiple aliases) and accuse me of Spaming! As a result of this applesauce I have decided to lock public access to many forums (if not all).

Lastly if people have such a problem with me and my board, I can only ask that they get off it!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

wierd? people are reporting you as a spammer on your own board? hmm some people are just wierdos, not to be mean or anything .

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Eh, no doubt in my mind, there's lotsa bad guys out there that would love to get under your skin, Haiko, lol. You're just making them nervous, is all. Shake it off and wear it as a badge of honor!

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    It would appear that some people have little minds and way too much time on their hands.

Any fellow affiliates engaging in this stuff should be damned ashamed of themselves. There are many, many here (far outnumbering the few troublemakers) who find benefit to this board and to the emails they receive about new programs that they have OPTED in to receive. Hope you are proud of yourselves that your pettiness could be denying them information that could helping them make more money.

Some people are just shameful......

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

[As a result of this applesauce I have decided to lock public access to many forums (if not all). ]

Some people indeed Mrs B have far too much time on their hands.
    I've never heard anything so ridiculous as accusing Haiko of spamming!
    I for one am happy to receive notifications of new programs, whoever you are,if you don't want them, just Opt Out.

Or perhaps are you the type of person who enjoys spoiling things for others, or are you jealous of the success of ABW, whatever your reasoning it's twisted.

Get a Life and let us serious marketers get on with the job!

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

You think you've heard and seen it all. Then things like this remind you that you haven't.

The solution is simple: If you don't like ABW, don't come here. Find other things to do with your time.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Without knowing the specifics under which you've been pegged as a spammer, I think it's useful to note that a lot of legitimate email is pegged as spam these days. In an effort to curb the onslaught of real spam, our providers have resorted to overkill tactics. Our monthly HTML opt in newsletter scores very high on the spam radar by some programs.

See http://pub210.ezboard.com/fpriceline...icID=245.topic

And some of the newsletters that I've been receiving for years are no longer arriving, only because my provider has pegged that domain as spam, when it isn't at all.

So unless you know of individual reports against you, you may be a victim just like so many others.

???

What happened? They didn't want to get ABW mail with news about merchants that frequent ABW? Can't they just opt out?

Or, are you spamming on your own board???

Very strange, indeed.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can't they just opt out?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes ... but instead they sign up multiple accounts and say that I spamed them multiple times with the same email.

I'm getting all the complaints with the full headers and will post accordingly.

</font></p>

Gosh, it wasn't so long ago when a DOS was news at ABW. Some folks just never give up! Those DOS days seem to be gone but now Haiko is being called a spammer.... and under some sort of BS attack again.

God must Bless you, Haiko, for putting up with all the BS a board of this size must bring into your life.

It is a good forum; keep the faith.

Best of Luck

Doc

"An Optimist Can Never be Pleasantly Surprised" - Murphy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Or, are you spamming on your own board???
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're a member. Do you get spam? I don't.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Or, are you spamming on your own board??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I don't get spam either! I am really surprised that you said that SSanf.
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

I don't get any spam from here. The only emails I get from here are announcements that I signed up for.

One can look in their account settings to turn off any announcements they prefer not to recieve.

--
    "No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there." – Norman Vincent Peale
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

Somehow, I think what you read wasn't what I meant to say...

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Kind of a funny thing here but, Haikos emails, which I opted to receive, got filtered out to the trash somehow. "Haiko" is the only name in my spam filter list who is directed to the inbox. The rest get flushed. Also, he provides and opt-out in each email - can't be spam.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I completely understand. Someone is taking my contact email from my family site and coding it to make their spam look like it is coming from my site and our hosting says that they can't seem to find out who is sending it due to how well it has been coded.

So now i get complaints etc. for something I am not even doing.

It can be very hurtful on a personal level as well as a professional level when you do you best to be honest and kind with your business toward customers and competitors.

Believe me, I understand and am sorry to hear you are having this type of trouble as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mousejockey:
    I for one am happy to receive notifications of new programs, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What notifications?

Sorry to hear you're getting grief Haiko. Just remember 4 out of 5 people are dumber than the 5th person.

ps

Ssanf I understood what you meant. Now you too can be part of the missunderstood group. lol

Goal: to earn one dollar without working for it.

ABW Ambassador
    What a nonsens Haiko. Isn't this anything what should be reported to GWB as Internet Terrorism?

Carneol

The Haikster's no spammer.. but we have had discussed before the problems of running mailing lists amid a sea of spam.. people make the wrong assumption.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I have one account at ABW. I've never ever received any excessive e-mails from Haiko since this board was formed. It would be hard for me to remember even getting more than a dozen in 2 1/2 years.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on June 27, 2003 at 09:43 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    same here at my emailaddress:

info@whenx.com

or was it

info@ exates.com

I don't exactly remember which one it was.

carneol

P.S.: it find it very sad, that Haiko had to shut down topics and I hope we don't need to censor us too long.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carneol:
    it find it very sad, that Haiko had to shut down topics ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Private ParasiteWare Forum was shutdown because of leaks ... specifically Schwegman was removed from it we posted information in there and sure enough I get a call from him asking me to remove those posts ... I'm deciding if it is worth the subpoena to find out who violated the confidentiality disclaimer. But it did show that some in that forum have no ethics nor respect for the cause. The new forum is by invite only.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>and I hope we don't need to censor us too long.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What have I censored lately? Geez louise!

</font></p>

carneol,

Take another look at his original post. He has not shut down anything except what Haiko said about the private parasiteware forum. The "decided to lock public access to many forums" has to do with unregistered visitors being able to view the board. Nothing has changed or is being censored for registered users.

ABW Ambassador
    Well understood and Haiko, it was thought as a joke.

carneol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast