ABW Ambassador
    HSN Want to Know the Customer Names!
    How would I know the names of each of the customers for each sale I make through my websites? This is information HSN have requested from me so they can proceed further investigating why I have all 3 of my sales I have made for them reversed. This seems a really strange question to ask an affiliate.

Let me post the correspondence so far so the details can be seen:

First I wrote to them back on the 1st of feb (about 25 days ago)
    Hello,

I now see another two transactions that I made for your company on the 13th of January have been declared void and my commissions have been deleted again. Can you tell me why every single sale I have made for your company has been deleted? This is very worrying.
    they reply back :
    I need the order id's to view transaction.
    I reply back :
    the order ids are (x used in place of actual numbers):
    7xxxxxxxx
    7xxxxxxxx
    5xxxxxxxx
    5xxxxxxxx
    They reply back:
    The order numbers below we can not find in our system. Please check with your client for other possible numbers. Most of our CJ orders begin with a 4.
    I reply back
    Well if you can't find these in the system then there is a serious problem here. This is the ID number for the transaction in the CJ reports. I will also give you the transaction dates and amount and I hope that makes it easier for you.

so I send them all the details, date, time of transactions, id's, sale amounts & commisions...
    that was sent on the 8th and I never herd from then again until today and I get this message:
    can you give me the customer names, so we can check orders by name.
    Last edited by Noth; February 26th, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm unsure why I said HSB in the title, it is HSN
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Maybe HSN is one of those merchants who embed a Super Affiliate poacher right in their shopping cart. Those affiliates get every piece of the merchants privacy info on each customer in exchange for some $10 off coup[on promise... LOL.

So the AM assumes all affiliates are like MetaRewards, or some other loyality outfit, who capture everything sellable during the transaction. Shopping cart poachers have all the info...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    I made an effort to edit the title but it didn't work.

ABW Ambassador
    Edit went thru. Yeah, not sure how you would know the names. Not sure what you can do besides letting CJ know, don't know if they'll do anything.

"Well if you can't find these in the system then there is a serious problem here. This is the ID number for the transaction in the CJ reports. I will also give you the transaction dates and amount and I hope that makes it easier for you.

so I send them all the details, date, time of transactions, id's, sale amounts & commisions..."

That's proof enough.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Maybe HSN is one of those merchants who embed a Super Affiliate poacher right in their shopping cart. Those affiliates get every piece of the merchants privacy info on each customer in exchange for some $10 off coup[on promise... LOL.

So the AM assumes all affiliates are like MetaRewards, or some other loyality outfit, who capture everything sellable during the transaction. Shopping cart poachers have all the info...
    Your probably right
    Not sure what you can do besides letting CJ know, don't know if they'll do anything.
    I sent them an email, I will see what they say,

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    the order ids are (x used in place of actual numbers):
    7xxxxxxxx
    7xxxxxxxx
    5xxxxxxxx
    5xxxxxxxx
    Those look like the CJ transaction IDs which are most likely not the same as HSN's Order #'s.

If you download a transaction report, in excel for example, there is a column Order_ID, this is most likely the merchant's order # and what they are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    This is information HSN have requested from me so they can proceed further investigating why I have all 3 of my sales I have made for them reversed.
    If they reversed all your transactions, shouldn't you be investigating them rather than the other way around?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

9. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread