Another newbie question
    I just joined today. Seems a like great forum. I have a couple of questions to ask to see if I am going down the right track. I would apreciate any help someone could give me. I bought Sitebuilder Elite program to build websites about 2 weeks ago. Their whole premise is to make $.50 to $1 per day, per website and to build 100's and even thousands of websites. I did the math and if I make $30 per month, per website, and have 500 websites, that's $15,000 per month. It made more sense to me than all these people on the web telling me I can make a million dollars on the web overnight.

My questions are . . .how long does it take for the SE's to crawl your site after submittal? I have built 9 websites so far, added articles, affiliates, and adsense and have not made a penny yet. I am getting no traffic. There has to be something I am missing. I'm not trying to become a millionaire overnight, I would be happy if each site made $50 to $200 per month. Is that unrealistic? Here is the name of one of my affiliate sites if you could look at it and give me some advice. http:// golf.travelswflorida.com Please help me if you can.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Trust; February 26th, 2008 at 03:20 PM.

I am certainly not an expert around here, but how exactly can you build out 500 websites and have them have any value to the end user? You will not make money with the sites if they are not built in a way to be of benefit to someone.

My advice is to concentrate on learning how to build sites that have content and value because it doesn't matter how quickly the search engines find your site if there is nothing there for them to see that has any relevance to the terms that you are trying to be ranked for.

In my own experience I built out a content heavy site (blog format) and it was found in a couple of days and ranking well for the key terms that I wanted it to be ranked for because the content was written that way. I was excited with that, but even then found that I have to keep the content fresh to continue to rank highly.

Good luck,
    Sheri

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Think quality and not quantity.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I just started with 1 site (building quality instead of quantity). I've always had a poor QS score. Anyone know how long the process is after robots have visited your site to be re-indexed or in PPC get a better QS score?

Thanks
    Kevin

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Make sure your landing page is extremely relevent for QS score. Google constantly reindexes so your placement organically can change daily.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

People keep telling me make one site that makes one dollar a day. Then go and do it ten more times. And then ten more times. Then make a site that makes ten dollars a day and do the same repeat process. Isnt that what the question is about?

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    What you are missing is common sense. You didn't take the time to realize what your doing and who you are competing against. Sure it seems easy, make a few cents a site, put up a bunch of sites make lots of money. If it was that easy everyone would be doing it.

Even under this theory, your right, there are lots of people doing it, thus, your site is being lost in the noise of millions of other bad sites such as your own. (Since you are using tools there isn't anything unique about your site at all.)

But you aren't just competing with these sites which as I said just them alone would get you lost to those who came first. You are also competing with the actual merchant site, who was here first and is selling the actual product and thus has more credibility with the search engines. (They do prefer the merchants over the affiliates all things being equal.)

But things aren't equal. You are competing with professional affilates. Those who have been doing this for years and know what they are doing. The people who not only promote the products, but know how to add extra content to make their site in lots of cases tens, hundreds of times better than the actual merchant. Affiliates build better sites they have to or the people would go straight to the merchant sites.

Then there are affiliates (and merchants) who are doing PPC and other advanced techniques. The days when anyone could put up a site and make money without some sort of thought and knowledge are long gone. Also, if you did build a site that earned a dollar a day, I am building sites to and I want your dollar. So if you don't keep consistant improvement to it, I'll take that dollar a way long before you get your second, third site is getting it's dollar too. So each site you make you can't just leave alone and the maintenence of 100s of sites is daunting.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

I'm not into making a ton of sites for affiliate purposes, so I could be wrong. But don't you pay a lot of money just to have the sites make pocket change for you? To me, that sounds like a losing battle. Reguardless of quality or lack thereof on the sites.

This sounds like something you may have paid $39.95 to learn. I have fallen for alot of those offers often found in money making magazines. The bottom line is what Sherri said, concentrate on quality of content, freshness of content and relevance of content in order to have a chance to make money. This forum, when researched properly, has information worth many hundreds more than $39.95 and it's free. Just use the search function to find information on any topic in and around affiliate marketing. --- Good Luck!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread