ABW Ambassador
    PayPal Plugin
    Yesterday, I received the following email from PayPal:
    Now you can pay with PayPal at all your favorite shopping sites, even when it's not an option at checkout. Use the new PayPal Plug-In to:

Shop securely anywhere online.

Fill out shipping forms in 1 click.

Save your receipts to review anytime.

Install in seconds - download for free and start shopping today
    I sent the following email to Linkshare Customer Support:
    Will Linkshare be testing this to determine if affiliate commissions are tracked when a customer uses this PayPal plugin?
    I received the following response:
    Paypal is not a merchant with LinkShare. Some of our merchants may allow payment by Paypal but LinkShare has no direct relationship with Paypal.
    This doesn't answer my question.

Ranae, could you please follow up with this by having someone test the PayPal plugin (available for download on the PayPal website) to determine if affiliate commissions track properly when the plugin is used?

The paypal plugin simply creates VCC (virtual credit card) numbers to use to buy things online. Paypal customers can either create a single use or multiple use credit card.

So the transaction would be treated completely as if the customer used a regular credit card, and if the merchant pays on credit card sales then yes you will get the commission.

ABW Ambassador
    I received a reply to this thread by PM. I hope the sender will post his comments here for the benefit of all since the content is very appropriate for public display.

I'd be happy to. Only reason I didn't is that it was in regards to another network.

We tested this last night, and the network our program runs through handled it swimmingly. Most of you know who we use, so I won't mention them in the LS forum.

But I suspect there won't be a "little ton" of trouble for us with this mod.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I have used the paypal plugin with several merchants personally (not necessarily with linkshare) and they tracked just fine. There is no reason it shouldn't track as again the plugin simply creates a virtual credit card and acts just like a regular credit card. ANY merchant that accepts payment by credit card should track just fine.

Pligin Link/Name
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Yesterday, I received the following email from PayPal:
    I sent the following email to Linkshare Customer Support:
    I received the following response:
    This doesn't answer my question.

Ranae, could you please follow up with this by having someone test the PayPal plugin (available for download on the PayPal website) to determine if affiliate commissions track properly when the plugin is used?
    Do you have the name of this plugin? And where on the paypal site it might be found?

I wondered about this, too. I read a post a few months ago on MsDanielle (dot com) about how PayPal was sending out affiliate links in their monthly newsletter. That seemed bad enough, but if they were using their toolbar to get affiliate commissions, that would be insane.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    "We’re sorry but the PayPal Plug-In is currently only available in the United States and is not offered in any other country at this time."

oh well, maybe next year.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread