Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW session at Summit
    I'm waiting for the ABW session to start.

Really looking forward to this one

Got my bag of M&Ms and slingshot ready

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Why?

Only "unhappy" person so far has been a merchant who seems rather nervous of posting and concerned that they do not know who the affiliates are and so cannot answer questions and concerns as well as they would wish.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Okaaaay -- well I'm still confused but you have you a good time!

And don't waste those M&Ms on confused merchants. You wanna conserve your ammo for unscrupulous merchants.

In answer to the concerned merchant ... it was explained that affiliates have seen their sites copied and content duplicated when they were more open as to who they are. And that they can also be worried that merchants may remove them from programs etc if they ask "difficult" questions or complaints.

The panel were nearly all in dark colours or extremely mutli-coloured so as to not show the stains too much from the tomatoes they were expecting to be thrown ... as they discussed at the very start of the session.

I think they might be a triffle disappointed that they didn't have to dodge any flying fruit

More people less booths this year
    Fewer Booths but more people at the affiliate summit this year it looked like. I wonder if this means more people are trying to be a little more frugal with their spending and not splurge on booths.

Oh, Staril, you are too funny about the tomatoes. Of course, I was wondering what those round red things that were sitting in front of you.

The ABW panel presentation went very well and I am very appreciative to have been a part of it. I thank Chuck Hamrick for organizing this and moderating it and also thank Haiko and my fellow moderators, Deb and Michael, who also participated.

The presentation started with an overview of the origin of ABW. Chuck then asked moderators and Haiko specific questions for several minutes and then the session was opened up to audience questions which I must say were very good questions.

This was a wonderful first opportunity for ABW at the Summit and I hope to see future opportunities at upcoming summits for this kind of dialogue and discussion related to the ABW community.

Again, thank you to Haiko and fellow moderators. A special thank you to the folks at Affiliate Summit for giving us the opportunity to present the ABW forum to the those who attended.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Berbert
    Fewer Booths but more people at the affiliate summit this year it looked like. I wonder if this means more people are trying to be a little more frugal with their spending and not splurge on booths.
    There were about 30 more booths in Las Vegas than the previous Affiliate Summit.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    The ABW panel was terrific. You guys (and gal) did a fantastic job and I think the true nature of ABW came across to anyone in the audience who isn't yet familiar with our home here.

It was so cool looking at the stage and realizing that I honestly loved every single person up there. :-) Looking forward to pictures. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Good discussion, especially the Q&A part and how well Haiko handled a few tough questions

Thanks to Haiko and the panel for their answers. It wasn't that bad for you guys who were worried about things landing on your head. Loxly, I was surprised you did not have a plexiglass shield in front of you!

It's too bad there wasn't another hour as the questions seemed to be just coming out. Hopefully the non-combative discussions can continue here.

For me, it was enlightening to hear Haiko explain so clearly as to how to use ABW and to learn some of the history that I was not fully aware of as 7 days noted.

Haiko's answers and explanations of the best ways to take advantage of ABW and the options available sure would be a great sticky thread or even a section on the front of the forum to have available for those who did not have the pleasure of sitting in the room to hear him.

I am sure there are many merchants who have the same questions that were asked in that session that would benefit from being able to read his explanations and they were easily found.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Haiko's answers and explanations of the best ways to take advantage of ABW and the options available sure would be a great sticky thread or even a section on the front of the forum to have available for those who did not have the pleasure of sitting in the room to hear him.
    That would be great.

I'd to attend the eBay talk next door and, unfortunately, missed the ABW session.

Tuan
    [url="http://www.wholesaler.com"]Wholesaler.com[/url]

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    My flight left at 5:20 p.m., and so I had to miss the ABW session or risk not catching my flight. I can't wait for the video.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    I enjoyed the session too, but enjoyed even more talking with Chuck and Haiko afterwards since I didn't want to bring my concerns up during the session. They answered everything perfectly and have put my mind to ease. Thank you gentlemen.

I sat in that session........feeling very proud to know and to be part of this group.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Tuan!!!!

You wine and dine my son every year, but we've still never met!!!

That's amazing. I guess I'll wait yet another year to meet you!

(And in all sincerity, thanks - Jesse loved it. I had to listen to smoked salmon stories this time, which I suppose is better then his filet mignon stories from last time!)

I'll post a link to the video once I get it.

I'm pretty proud of how it went. I wish we had more time, but we did address many of the crucial issues.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.

I'm pretty proud of how it went. I wish we had more time, but we did address many of the crucial issues.
    I'm seriously looking forward to watching it! Til then, I'll have to live vicariously through all the lucky folks that got to attend in person.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Well prepared and well run. It was one of the better sessions I have attended in the two Affiliate Summits I have been a part of.

ABW, of course, rocks. The session did also. Questions were answered directly and honestly - with no skirting around the edges. The panel and the moderator were so straightforward they could never develop a career in politics.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Tuan, you were there too? I can't believe I missed so many people.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Tuan, you were there too? I can't believe I missed so many people.
    Huh, you were there? Are you coming to Boston? It would be awesome to finally meet you.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    I'm seriously looking forward to watching it! Til then, I'll have to live vicariously through all the lucky folks that got to attend in person.
    Me, too, me, too.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.

H, Millie is already working on the footage. We will have that ASAP.

The session rocked, same as all of ABW, you were seated at the no spin zone portion of the summit...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    The most important thing I got out of the session was that merchants are afraid to come to ABW

I truly hope the people with bigger brains then myself are discussing this in the background and working on a solution

I'm sure 90% of my merchants have parasites, and because of that won't come here

Maybe something as simple as a new sub-forum called "Not Quite Ethical" merchants. At least they'd BE here! At least they'd be part of the community.

At family reunions, we all have an uncle who did time in Folsom. Or a cousin who is a bookie. Yet we still invite them and communicate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast