2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Angry Bad Moves at CarDomains.com
    It really amazes me after a lot of effort to develop www. get-in2.com/musclecars/ to promote auto accessory merchants I get canned last fall by CarDomains.com. I placed them in several car enthusiast sites, car club sites and the Advertising Age's top 10 best branding event site in 2007. see http:// www. woodwarddreamcruise.com/AdvertisingAge.pdf ( I setup and help design www. woodwarddreamcruise. com ) and volunteer to help foreign and national film crews get inside access to the cruise powerbase. No more special graphics and promos for CarDomain.com as I see they no longer have any CJ green bars, no commisison payouts for months and my relationship shows "advertiser expired".

Anyone else getting shafted by this auto parts/accessory group? To think I even had them on the front page of www. ecomcity. com for the last year. Now I'm on a mission to make sure they and their retailing partners don't get any advertising consideration where I have any influence.

bye bye CarDomain.com and all the graphics I did for them

the new playa at CarDomain.com http://cardomain.autoanything.com which may just be a non-commissionable leak.
    Last edited by ecomcity; February 27th, 2008 at 12:09 AM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

(zap)

I am the Affiliate Manager for the US Auto Parts Network of sites--a network that includes the partstrain.com and the autopartswarehouse.com brands.

I'm really sorry that your relationship with CarDomain.com had to end as such and being a publisher myself, I would probably react the way you did.

I wouldn't really stereotype an entire category as being unfair and dishonest though.

I actually take great pride on how my program is ran (especially on Commission Junction) and take even greater pride on its health.

ABW Ambassador

(zap)
    [/QUOTE]There are plenty of other auto accessory merchants on CJ - Don't take it personally. Do you actually make any sales from that? No offense, but that page doesn't instill confidence in the viewer, nor does it try to push the affiliate offers on the user effectively (same with your main ecomcity website).

Anyway, when did you originally sign up with CJ? Your account is the oldest account I've ever seen at CJ, with a PID like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    bye bye CarDomain.com and all the graphics I did for them
    Really, it's not that hard to replace CarDomain.com's logo with another site's logo and reuse it. That isn't a very design intensive graphic, anyway.
    Last edited by Trust; February 27th, 2008 at 09:12 AM.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    (zap)
    There are plenty of other auto accessory merchants on CJ - Don't take it personally. Do you actually make any sales from that? No offense, but that page doesn't instill confidence in the viewer, nor does it try to push the affiliate offers on the user effectively (same with your main ecomcity website).

Anyway, when did you originally sign up with CJ? Your account is the oldest account I've ever seen at CJ, with a PID like yours.

Really, it's not that hard to replace CarDomain.com's logo with another site's logo and reuse it. That isn't a very design intensive graphic, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Joshua I was one of the very first at being both a Merchant and affiliate at Commission Junction. No verticle escapes me unless it's the corrupt LEADS programs. I'm getting out of the last one (lead programs) of those as LendingTree is going under along with CountryWide. They will be off my sites and a bunch of other CJ merchants before the week ends as another advertiser expired wank.. bye bye (edited out spam) and a bunch of local Reality and buyers agent sites I featured LendingTree Ads upon.

After JC Whitney went south on sales reporting and jumped in bed with the BHO parasites I switched to CarDomains.com , Cars.com, Partstrain, LiveDeal and eBay Motors for all my auto related websites ( My own and clients) I do NO PPCSE bidding, I hate, and in turn am Hated, by all BHO's and scumbag affiliates cookie tricksters throughout the globe. All these CJ merchants except eBay dropped me without notice in 2007.

Not a one of my own clients ecommerce web sites convert less then 1 sale per 50 clicks regardless of traffic source for over 5 years. I build sites that sell and expect affiliate enabled merchants to do likewise by closing targeted physical click traffic honest affiliates send their way.

I designed odd sized banners, like the one above for CarDomain to prevent Norton anti-virus from blocking the sucky standard sized ones offered at CJ. I'll assume their were some hick-ups in the banners/text ads or the transition take-over period with PartsTrain, as I remember pulling a lot of their links.

CJ overall is a den of Adwhores since taken over by the mass advertising agency... ValueClick. I just looked over reports for the last 2 years and see some CJ idiots, or merchant hired gun AM's, dropped me where my physical click traffic was averaging 1 sale per every 15 clicks. Guess I wasn't setting enough tracking cookies. Another one was a friggin dime a dozen shoe merchant deciding my lousy 7 sales on 94 clicks warranted an "advertiser expired" status. I didn't even have a shoe return like everyone else and a EPC for them of $197.00...
    Last edited by Trust; February 27th, 2008 at 12:03 PM. Reason: spam
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    CJ overall is a den of Adwhores since taken over by the mass advertising agency... ValueClick. I just looked over reports for the last 2 years and see some CJ idiots, or merchant hired gun AM's, dropped me where my physical click traffic was averaging 1 sale per every 15 clicks. Guess I wasn't setting enough tracking cookies. Another one was a friggin dime a dozen shoe merchant deciding my lousy 7 sales on 94 clicks warranted an "advertiser expired" status. I didn't even have a shoe return like everyone else and a EPC for them of $197.00...
    You've been in the industry a long time, but it seems like you have no clue what you're talking about sometimes... What does "setting enough tracking cookies" have to do with anything?

Also, you're complaining about an advertiser dropping you, when it's clear they're terminating their CJ program overall. That could probably be the case with others, as well. Have you ever bothered to contact the advertisers about your expirations? As for Parts Train, it looks like they may have just merged into the "Auto Parts Warehouse" affiliate program. Since their affiliate manager posted here in this thread, why not contact him about getting back in?

As a merchant, I'd never drop anyone who's producing legitimate sales, and as a publisher for the past 2 years in CJ, I've never been dropped from a program I was making sales for unless the program was shutting down or the likes.

What's with the need to try to disguise your site URLs in your post?

Hi,

I manage the Affiliate Program at AutoAnything, and I would like to try and clarify the relationship we have with CarDomain.

CarDomain closed their entire affiliate program and emailed all of their publishers when they did. As I stated in the post that Trust linked to, we emailed the list of publishers that we received from CarDomain and announced our new partnership as well as offered everyone the opportunity to join the AutoAnything Affiliate Program.

We received a message from you in the CJ interface this morning that was in response to the announcement that we sent in November, but I also wanted to respond here in the public forum.

We were not partnered with Car Domain at the time that they closed their affiliate program, so I cannot speak as to the way in which that was done. We would love to have you on board as a partner and I'd be willing to talk to you about any issues you may have with our program.

We try to run a good program that is focused on our partners, so if you feel that we in any way have been misleading, we appologize. I wouldn't want to leave you with the impression that we are trying to "shaft" you.

Feel free to get in touch with me in the way you feel the most comfortable, my contact details are on my profile page.

Thanks,

Nadia

ABW Ambassador
    Not at all related: I am a "postwhore supreme" at their sister site, "Sounddomain". They even sent me a sounddomain t-shirt.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread