Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Another Great Affiliate Summit!
    GAWD am I wiped out! LOL

Thanks to Missy, Shawn and all the sponsors and party givers for another fantastic ffiliate Summit!

It was good to meet so many new ABWers - I'm just realizing that I missed meeting a few of you! Grrrrrrr - it's so crazy trying to find people in the crowds. Thanks to those who came up and introduced themselves and to those who introduced others!

I'm already missing everyone but it's good to be home with my girls and passing out gifts. The dog is worse than the kids ... he started barking at me for his "swag" as soon as I opened the first suitcase. LOL

And hey ... meeting Haiko and getting Haiko hugs was the highlight of my trip. Haiko, I love you more now that I've met you and know that awesome energy is for real. Special hugs to Michelle who was a really good sport about us all wanting Haiko time.

Thanks for lots of good new memories, guys and gals!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I've got to express sentiments like those expressed by Rexanne. Many, many thanks to Shawn and Missy, the sponsors and the entire ASW08 crew. You provided us all with another outstanding industry event.

I didn't experience the Haiko-Hugs as did Rexanne. However, the firm handshake and conversation did reaffirm my admiration of his positive influence throughout our community. Thank you, Haiko.

It is always fun seeing old friends, meeting new people, and forging new relationships. I was also highly encouraged by the positive feedback from many of you (merchants and affiliates) with whom I discussed my new venture. We are excited about rolling out a prototype (alpha test?) soon.

Mrs. Beachy and I, and "Jilly Beans," whom you will be meeting soon, are all looking forward to Boston.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Good times, loved it. See you all in Boston!

I cant believe how tired I am, but it is worth it! Thank you to Shawn, Missy and all the ASW08 crew for an incredible event!

I too experienced several Haio hugs, and Haiko you are as fantastic in person as you are on the board, actually you are more so in person! What great energy you have!

I can't wait for Boston to see my "new friends" again!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I never miss an opportunity to tell Shawn and Missy how much they've changed my life. That's why I always volunteer to be staff photographer. They don't NEED my pics. It's just some little thing I can do to repay them, to say thanks.

I hope when people tell them "wow! great event" (which I read as ""wow! great free toys and great parties") - they also thank them for being responsible for helping you get to the next level, which is the REAL purpose of the Summit.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Funny Story: On the last day, I wore the official black staff photographer t-shirt

There was a booth with great swag, but it was clear you'd have to listen to a sales pitch to get one.

The woman started... saw the shirt.... and said

"Oh you're just a worker bee. No sense wasting my time on you"

Cool! Free swag without the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Funny Story: On the last day, I wore the official black staff photographer t-shirt

There was a booth with great swag, but it was clear you'd have to listen to a sales pitch to get one.

The woman started... saw the shirt.... and said

"Oh you're just a worker bee. No sense wasting my time on you"

Cool! Free swag without the pitch

I need one of those shirts for Boston. Any chance you still have it? lol.

-sfcom

Michael Vorel from vastplanet.com interviewed me during the summit, one of his questions was what was the most important technology I saw or learned about at the summit, my answer was simple:

No technology, just good old fashioned face to face conversations, lotsa hugs and handshakes no buzz words nor latest gadget, but real contact and interaction with the people I've called my family for years. So I want to thank Shawn and Missy for the venue to officially meet my extended family and share my love and adoration of them.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I can't express how happy I am with the way the long weekend worked out (despite the problems with the keynote and a couple of the parties that I've related elsewhere).

The relationships I formed and the ideas I got and the things I learned... invaluable.

I can't wait to see you all again in Boston!
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    A GREAT summit. It is always wonderful to see the ABW family in person. The ABW session was excellent and so where the other sessions I popped in on. The Meet Market was well worth the sponsorship costs and probably the most effective tool from an sponsorship perspective.

Only downside, as usual, was the prevalence of CPA networks. Are they growing on trees?

Small complaint, overall, it was easily the best one to date and Shawn/Missy deserve kudos for splitting the tracks allowing users such a variety of learning options.

Angel
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Djambazov
    Only downside, as usual, was the prevalence of CPA networks. Are they growing on trees?

Angel
    I second that ..

As said in another thread, it would be nice to cane all the LEAD networks from exhibiting and restrict it to only REAL merchants and REAL networks
    Last edited by redtagdeals; February 28th, 2008 at 01:34 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Meeting many merchants, OPMs, network reps at one place and doing some serious business was invaluable experience.

Shaking hands and putting a face to many fellow ABWers was a great experience. You know who is on the other end you are interacting with here on ABW. Of course, it was also nice seeing some well known ABWers I had met earlier and catching up.

SAS party was a class by itself. Good time and networking at the Aff. Dinner. I regretted wasting time at TAO party.

Meet market was good event, though a bit crowded. A larger space would be nice.

Regular Sessions were not so useful and a bit yawning experience for me. Bad WiFi coverage in the classrooms and many parts of the Summit area.

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Once Again Affiliate Summit was a tremendous experience for both me and our staff. We met many new affiliates and had the pleasure of meeting in person affiliates we've been working with for over a year. I never get tired of putting a name/ABW sig with a face. (As a matter of fact, I am considering changing my ABW picture so people can recognize me more easily. An affiliate suggested we all take pictures with Bandanas and Glasses so we could better compliment Andy

As I was on the Plane analyzing the conference, I realized our industry continues to demonstrate strong, continual growth and continues to attract different internet professionals of all types. During the conference I met many internet marketing professionals foreign to affiliate marketing interested in our industry and I see that as a huge positive.

The Meet Market was a great success for us and a really good opportunity for us to meet new merchants and affiliates. In my estimation the strongest draw the Meet Market offers, without taking away from the Expo, is that you have a concentrated group of tables, in a very relaxed and open atmosphere, lending itself to offer us about 6 concentrated hours, of feedback and relational time with potential affiliates and merchants.

I want take this opportunity to thank Shawn and Missy for putting together another great conference. I will definitely being looking forward to Boston.

I also want to say that the Buy.at, ShareASale and Webmaster World parties were phenomenal! These were events that really made Affiliate Summit an even better conference.

Last but not least, I want thank a few people who made the conference memorable:

Thanks Haiko for making yourself available and finally giving us the opportunity to meet you and your better half in person YOU the MAN Haiko!

Jack S. for buying us Dinner on the last night of our stay, thanks for being so hospitable!

And everybody else who showed us a great deal of kindness and support!

As Stephanie L. would say, “good times!”

See yah in BOSTON everybody!
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Yes, a big thanks to Missy and Shawn for such a wonderful event. Not only did I get to meet a vast amount of new people, but I was also able to reaffirm some friendships with some people I met in Miami. The parties were unbelievable and the sessions quite infomative. My last evening there, at dinner with a new crowd of people also produced a very enlightening topic on superman and spiderman that will NOT be forgotten. You all know who you are. Looking forward to Boston, making more new friends and gaining more knowledge about this industry.

CPA Network Rep Dina - MarketLeverage Blogger's Avatar
    I loved the Affiliate Summit. I didn't want to come back. I read some people's blog everyday... I felt like I already knew them when I was introducing myself. I am looking forward to the next show and getting to meet up with everyone again.

Great Affiliate Summit.
    Yes! Big thanks for Shawn and Missy for such a awesome event. This gave me an oppurtunity to meet the great ABW Folks and Haiko in person...
    I just enjoyed every moment of the session and personally its a great motivation to be with some gurus in the industry.

Thanks once again!
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio-ARC
    As Stephanie L. would say, “good times!”
    I could spend an hour typing about the experience but to sum it up, it was all good times! Love you all!
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread